By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Sales Are Nearly Tied - Global Hardware Mar 5-12

Series S might as well be called Series W tbh.

Around the Network
Elputoxd said:

Why W?

Imaginedvl said:
Elputoxd said:

Why W?

It's taking all the dubs.

Series S is regularly available and has an attractive price. The Series X is getting easier to find as well, has been at Target, Gamestop, and Walmart in America this past week and the X has actually been up a full 24 hours on Walmart's website for the first time ever. Hopefully both the X and PS5 can start to become regularly available for everyone that wants one.

Can we get a Sku-included graph?

NS vs. NS Lite vs NS OLED vs. PS5 vs. PS5 Digital vs. Series X vs. Series S.

Even rough estimates would be fascinating!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

So few countries release granular, per SKU results that I think this would be very hard. 

aTokenYeti said:
Dulfite said:

So few countries release granular, per SKU results that I think this would be very hard. 

So maybe not per country, but globally we could do? Doesn't MS and Nintendo sometimes release data on % of skus sold? I know I've seen people cite some things before on the Lite vs. OG Switch market share, for example. We could just apply those percentages to the total sold and get some rough figures to see Sku rankings across all platforms globally.

Aside from its relative ease of production and therefore availability, another potential plus of the Series S for Microsoft is that a lot of S owners may have settled for one in the short term but will upgrade to an X eventually once availability improves, two sales for one, in effect.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 March 2022