By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 10, 2022 - (28th Feb - 6th Mar)

This is probably the most non-Switch titles in the top 30 we have seen in a while. Probably the most we’ll see until probably like next year.

Also the title of that Doraemon game lol. I wonder if it was intentional.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Slownenberg said:

Yeah should be right around 29 million at end of this year. I could see it doing another 5+ over the next two years, putting it at 34 mil which would pass the DS, assuming Switch 2 Spring 2025. In that case it'd probably end up 35+ million.

Switch will almost certainly pass DS. Only way it doesn't is if they cut if off early like in two years, but doesn't seem like Nintendo has any plans of that.

Exactly. Streets are saying there is a new revision coming later this year. With that and the MK8 DLC pack, i doubt we will see a successor until 2 years. Giving it enough time to surpass the DS in japan and, i'll say it, WW. 

A year ago many thought the Switch was not going to beat the DS in japan and it's looking like a sure thing now. Expecting the same reaction for WW in a few months.

In my view the Switch has a higher chance to beat DS Worldwide than Japan, as crazy as that may sound.

Famitsu still doesn’t include digital right ? Which is almost half of PlayStation sales nowadays no? Would mean GT did another 100k ish digitally.

mM
siebensus4 said:
kenjab said:

01./00. [NSW] Octopath Traveler (Square Enix) {2018.07.13} (¥6.800) - 109.579 / NEW <80-100%>

Note: The post above me is the MediaCreate number.  The one I post here is Famitsu, so more apples-to-apples comparison.

Thanks! I guess digital sales have a higher percentage nowadays than back in 2018. Or are digital sales included in Famitsu numbers? I'm not sure.

Triangle Strategy had a bigger install base, while Ocotpath was a round-based battle RPG instead of a strategy type. However, both games had a good first week ^^

leo-j said:

Famitsu still doesn’t include digital right ? Which is almost half of PlayStation sales nowadays no? Would mean GT did another 100k ish digitally.

Famitsu software is still a physical only chart, no digital included for any game.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Kai_Mao said:

I would like to be more optimistic of PS5’s hardware sales. It’s unfortunate that it’s still supply constrained and not a lot of supply has been allocated to Japan despite three big weeks of games (HFW, Elden Ring, GT7).

Triangle Strategy seems to do fine, considering it’s a SRPG, which sorta limits its appeal. Outside of Fire Emblem and, maybe, Final Fantasy Tactics, if it were to come out this Gen, I don’t see many SRPGs reach huge numbers overall. Still great for Square and it’s HD2D initiative.

Switch hardware sales up YoY. Pretty impressive.

Looking at ps5 Feb npd, they don't have enough stock to go around. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

The Switch's sales really are strongly tied to OLED stock at the moment. If there was an ample amount perhaps it'd only be down about 10% so far.

theDX said:
Norion said:

The Switch's sales really are strongly tied to OLED stock at the moment. If there was an ample amount perhaps it'd only be down about 10% so far.

Maybe Nintendo is stockpiling for Kirby's launch. That also happens to be the last week of the fiscal year.

They probably are at least somewhat but with how tight stock is lately I don't see stockpiling having as much of an impact as it usually does.

leo-j said:

no.

I do think they will have some bigger Switch stocks for Kirby than they have for Arceus. They are doing more hardware promotions with it too.

not long now before the Switch beats out the 3DS and damn those Zelda numbers :O

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(