By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 10, 2022 - (28th Feb - 6th Mar)

Switch broke the 24 million mark this week

我是广州人

Around the Network

That's a solid first week for Triangle Strategy. Impressively, the top SKU for GT7 was for the PS5. On the other hand, both SKUs of Elden Ring had a pretty big drop. That will likely be the best selling Playstation game this year in Japan, but even its sales plummet week over week. Playstation games just have no staying power on the Famitsu charts no matter how good they are.

Switch is over 24 million now, so close to the 3DS and 3rd of all time in Japan.

Has anyone the number of Octopath Traveler's first week in Japan?

siebensus4 said:

1) [NSW] Octopath Traveler (Square Enix, 07/13/18) – 110,111 (New)

Source: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/octopath_traveler_smashes_its_way_to_number_one_in_japan_by_a_huge_margin

It sounds good when you say "For the People", but what you really want is... a stronger army than the Knights, and the evil power to control the people.

(Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics)

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:

01./00. [NSW] Octopath Traveler (Square Enix) {2018.07.13} (¥6.800) - 109.579 / NEW <80-100%>

Note: The post above me is the MediaCreate number.  The one I post here is Famitsu, so more apples-to-apples comparison.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Quite a feat to top the chart when GT7 is released.

Good numbers for Triangle Strategy, especially considering how niche the genre is , honestly I thought it'd do like 50k.

Amazing numbers for the Switch , the 3DS's wig is not safe.

The switch is around 8 million away from taking #1 for the ds
Its going to be a close one

Kneetos said:

The switch is around 8 million away from taking #1 for the ds
Its going to be a close one

I feel like it should do another 4 millions this year and will probably be able to sell another 4 over the next 2 years. I doubt it won't become the best selling system in Japan.