By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - They need to slow down the release of games..

victor83fernandes said:
aikohualda said:

buy nintendo console only....

You don't like video games? How can a gamer have just Nintendo? You'd miss on some of the best gaming ever. Why restrict yourself? Thats like a movie lover only watching Disney movies and nothing else.

what are you talking about? did you even read the OP XD

Around the Network

It could not have been any slower since the new gen started..

Oh, at this point I just buy games to keep the industry going. Keep nerds working. I don't want to actually play games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Usually people complain about lack of games =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:

Not sure about that.  But I have had my ps5 since june last year, but most games i've played were ps4 titles. Have you really caught up on last gen and current?

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Azzanation said:

Not sure about that.  But I have had my ps5 since june last year, but most games i've played were ps4 titles. Have you really caught up on last gen and current?

I will never catch up on my library, however i have completed all the games i liked. My library is just too big and i just dont have the time.

You need to refine the list of games you're willing to play. Why should everyone be punished for your lack of quality control?

Shaunodon said:

You need to refine the list of games you're willing to play. Why should everyone be punished for your lack of quality control?

Blunt, but very fair. I need to take this advice to avoid huge backlogs in the future :P 

I do not want them to slow down the release of games though :D

1doesnotsimply

A side effect of certain systems. I might gripe that I can't play Persona 5 on the Switch, but the majority of the games that come on it are spaced out by Nintendo to not cannibalize. Meanwhile every game on PS/XB/PC is competing with each other. Add in certain flash periods for released like around now or the holiday (October or November) and bam.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

The idea in this post hurts my brain.

The industry is not releasing games for one person. Imagine if someone said books need to be stopped being published so fast or movies need to stop being released so fast?

Sounds stupid, right?

Each individual has the option to play the games that interest them. If there's a cool down period where a lot of games that are released either suck or don't tickle their fancy, they can go to their backlog or invest in past games they missed due to a congested release window. If you can't play them all, oh well. You can't eat every type of food, or go to every city in the world or attend every concert in the world. But you can enjoy trying instead of focusing on FOMO.