By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - They need to slow down the release of games..

There's too many games releasing or have released to keep up with. Who here works full time and is caught  up to date? The backlog never ends.  The game indusstry needs to spread out it's releases in my opinion. Too many games competing with each other and for time.

Around the Network

Only buy the ones you're most excited for.

For me, gaming has taken a backseat. Started gaming less when I got married and it's lot less now with a 9 month old daughter! Having the time of my life, but when I do have the time to get a game, I know it has to be one that I 100% am going to play and beat because it has that much of my interest and excitement. I still get excited about new releases that before I would have gotten with no hesitation, but now I pass on most of them and hear about how good/bad they are. Which I guess could be a good thing as I'm not spending an insane amount of money on my hobby lol

I primarily play on PC and for the year of 2022, the games I'm playing are God of War, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Gotham Knights, Starfield, and Suicide Squad (but I've heard might be getting delayed) there might be a game or two added to that list like another PlayStation exclusive releasing on PC or a surprise announcement around E3 that'll release in 2022, but that's more or less the only games I'll be playing. I do have a Switch with Breath of the Wild 2 and Mario + Rabbids that I definitely would get, but that's not even guaranteed as both might get delayed to 2023. I might get a more casual game like Mario Strikers: Battle League or Splatoon 3, but I'm more on the fence.

Needless to say, I play my Switch almost 100% in handheld lol OLED model was a godsend for someone in my position.

Don't worry, I got you. Just buy me the games and I'll play them for you, free of charge.

I never understood why games release during the same period and leave like 8 months out the year with nothing. I get high demand periods during hollidays and Feb for taxes but if tour competing with 10 other games that gain is negated.

To aswer your question. Im not caught up. I'll skip my least interested games. But knowing me I'll probably wont come back and play them if something else catches my attention when I have time. Right now im playing horizon forbidden west and it will probably take me a month or more due to my job. Elden ring im skiping.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

It's pretty easy to catch up with your backlog.

Step 1) Buy the game on PC
Step 2) Get a save file from the internet that gets you to the final boss
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Profit

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Releae more games in the June-August period would alleviate the crowding of games in the early and end part of the years. I know Sony seems to have taken a bit more interest in releasing games in the summer months with Ghost of Tsushima and Tlou 2 both releasing in July and June respecitvely, we need more of that from everybody tbh.

Weird mentality. Nobody is forcing you to buy all the games you're interested in the instant they release. If your backlog of things you want to play is "too big," all that really means is 1) You always have something to play, and 2) You'll never have to pay very much for games, because you're never in such a desperate need so as not to be able to wait on a great sale.

What's the problem? Games aren't food. They don't go bad if you leave them sitting around too long.

I don’t mind at all not buying games on release, you typically get them at a better price that way. Absolutely no reason to feel pressured to buy everything immediately

KratosLives said:

There's too many games releasing or have released to keep up with. Who here works full time and is caught  up to date? The backlog never ends.  The game indusstry needs to spread out it's releases in my opinion. Too many games competing with each other and for time.

Its funny how I still have to try, let alone finish games that I bought a year or more ago, such as resident evil 8. Its crazy how many games I have to finish, both Switch, PC and PS5. I keep buying games on sale but I have to rethink how I deal with games, as I work around 70 hours per week, I only really get to play anything seriously on my holidays.

On ps5 alone I still need to finish ratchet, final fantasy 7, days gone, last of us 2, resident evil 8, demon souls, death stranding, the witcher 3, ace combat 7, assassins creed valhala, assassins creed Odyssey, Kingdom come deliverance, Ni no kuni 1, ni no kuni 2, hollow knight, shenmue 2, shenmue 3, metro exodus, greedfall, dragons dogma, bioshock 2, bioshock 3, ghost of tsushima, far cry 6, lost judgement, yakuza series 1-6 and many more.

I have even a bigger pile on PC and switch.