By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When do you all think the next major console price cut will be?

Not this year.
I could see each model of the Switch getting cut by $50 in 2023.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

2023 is expected to be a growth year for Xbox and Playstation sales.
I think we will see slim models of consoles before we see permanent price cuts.
Hopefully a few temporary sales along the way though.

2024, no chance of being earlier than that. No business reason to.

ireadtabloids said:

2023 is expected to be a growth year for Xbox and Playstation sales.
I think we will see slim models of consoles before we see permanent price cuts.
Hopefully a few temporary sales along the way though.

Slim models will not hit until 2024, because 2023 will just be a business recovery for these consoles, they will concentrate on getting the consoles out, and then 2024 new models.

Normally, I would agree with you, but PS5 in particular is missing out on some markets it could expand into because of the size of the PS5 console. The limiting factor in my opinion would be how many extra slim models they could produce to make it worthwhile in addition to the base PS5 so they actually are expanding their market rather than selling to the same kind of customers with limited numbers.

Around the Network

Microsoft doesn’t really need to drop prices ever since they have an affordable entry point. I could see them outright replacing the current systems with mid-gen upgrades at the same price point though.

Sony might but it would be many years from now.

There is no way to even begin to figure this out until shortages are no longer an issue.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

This christmas. Promotional only... Probably just the series S for $50.

For Switch, PS5, and XBOX Series X? probably never.

Maybe for Switch 2/PS6/XBOX Series 360 in 2030.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Switch is the start of a trend where price cuts only happen towards the late portion of the life cycle.