By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts January 2022 Discussion Thread

Nice to see XS still outpacing Xbone even with under severe supply constraints.
As PS5, now that MS have said they won't be locking away their acquisitions, I think it's back in with a shot of outselling PS4 once the chip crunch abates.

Around the Network

Xbox Series sticking admirably close given Playstation's brand advantage. Good; competition benefits the consumer.

Not sure Ive seen any recent comparisons between Switch and PS3 in EU.

Can we see that one?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I find it ridiculous and laughable that on Installbase they post Ampere Analysis obvious bullshit numbers on the forum but call VGChartz way more accurate estimates "fake news". Pathetic.

Kakadu18 said:

I find it ridiculous and laughable that on Installbase they post Ampere Analysis obvious bullshit numbers on the forum but call VGChartz way more accurate estimates "fake news". Pathetic.

Well if it makes you feel any better they appear to be the only ones now. A lot of the usual forums are noticeably not mentioning ampere numbers anymore. 

Their 2021 and 2022 projections were so far off the mark that I think a lot people have started to take them a lot less seriously. 

Around the Network

DS ia about to enter its last big holiday.
Afterwards, Switch will start making up ground. Question is, will it be enough.

I personally think so but this year will be really telling.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Kakadu18 said:

Yeah while the estimates here aren't perfect by any means they're close enough to where I dunno why someone would fully discount them. For example the ratio between the PS5 and Xbox Series right now might end up not being quite as close as what's been shown but you can tell for a fact based on the numbers it's much closer compared to this time last year so there is value to it.

Norion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yeah while the estimates here aren't perfect by any means they're close enough to where I dunno why someone would fully discount them. For example the ratio between the PS5 and Xbox Series right now might end up not being quite as close as what's been shown but you can tell for a fact based on the numbers it's much closer compared to this time last year so there is value to it.

Both their XBS and Switch numbers asume that sell through has been extremely low. We know for a fact that both had high sell through and were supply constrained. And yet even against Nintendo's estimates they say the Switch didn't hit 100mil sell through in December and XBS has over 2mil unsold consoles. Any idiot can tell their XBS numbers are BS.

There may be some value to it but since we're not getting official XBS numbers I bet their numbers will stray farther and farther away from all other estimates. And once again their Switch numbers are also to low.

Kakadu18 said:
Norion said:

Both their XBS and Switch numbers asume that sell through has been extremely low. We know for a fact that both had high sell through and were supply constrained. And yet even against Nintendo's estimates they say the Switch didn't hit 100mil sell through in December and XBS has over 2mil unsold consoles. Any idiot can tell their XBS numbers are BS.

There may be some value to it but since we're not getting official XBS numbers I bet their numbers will stray farther and farther away from all other estimates. And once again their Switch numbers are also to low.

I was referring to VGChartz, not Ampere. I was agreeing with the part about people dismissing the estimates from here.

PS4 has one more big holiday season, which will align soon. After that, the gap should start to closer faster and faster.