By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announced for Switch

I don't get the graphics thing. 2 was a stunning game for me, visually, but I don't see anything standing out as different about this. Both look great!

Around the Network

Expected, but very welcome. I hope it releases in September like they're targeting.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Leynos said:
Mummelmann said:

That looks amazing, not gonna lie. I never played the first ones since I never owned Wii or Wii U. I kinda wish they would lower the price of the Switch remaster of the two-generation old original down from 60$ so I would actually give it a crack.

It's a remake with additional story DLC included. New engine. New geomtry. Models. Features. Art style. Rerecorded the music.

Absolutely, but it's still a remake of a game from the Wii and released almost two years ago. And as another user mentioned; it was even overshipped.

I'll see if I can find it on sale anywhere, the least I found was about 50$. I'll keep looking though, been wanting to play it and I don't think I want to get any sequel without knowing much about the base game.

Dulfite said:

I don't get the graphics thing. 2 was a stunning game for me, visually, but I don't see anything standing out as different about this. Both look great!

Resolution is low and the frame rate can be poor in 2. I think that's it, and this game seems to follow suit. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Dulfite said:

Resolution is low and the frame rate can be poor in 2. I think that's it, and this game seems to follow suit. 

I don't recall the resolution looking different than this? And framerate is something I hardly notice and care berry little about. Actually, I prefer lower framerates, higher makes it feel less like an escapism experience and too real. I want games to play like movie theaters, not feel like real life.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I never played the earlier games, but this has piqued my interest for sure. Were it not for the fact that Nintendo basically never price drops their games any lower than $40, I would likely at least grab this on a good sale, but it is difficult for me to take chances on Nintendo games when they cost so much, there have been several Switch exclusives that interested me over the years, but I have yet to play them because they simply cost too much.

The best neat tricks I can give you are the pre-orders which some companies offer sometimes at lower prices (Like it can even go down to 40-50 if you're lucky) or simply exchange one or two games you have lying around you know you won't visit again or have no attachement to whatsoever.

I can attest there are a few people who exchange their Xenoblade copies. Kind of surprising considering they could snatch some decent money out of them, full price if they play well their cards, but I guess people looking for them aren't complaining. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Dulfite said:
Metallox said:

I don't recall the resolution looking different than this? And framerate is something I hardly notice and care berry little about. Actually, I prefer lower framerates, higher makes it feel less like an escapism experience and too real. I want games to play like movie theaters, not feel like real life.

Such a cop out when people claim they prefer lower framerate if this was really a thing; developers would always give you a low frame rate option in every game. 

Xenoblade 2 never capture me like the first game were I played over 100 hours. I think it's time I give Xenoblade 2 another chance. Too bad all these great game are stuck running on the archaic hardware that reduce the enjoyment of the game. Hopefully, they have a streaming option for Xenoblade 3 that run better than it would on the switch hardware.  

I'm obsessed with the trailer, haven't been this obsessed with a trailer since...I dunno, maybe one of the last few BotW trailers. Xenoblade 2's trailers definitely didn't generate this kind of excitement from me.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 10 February 2022

Link_Nines.XBC said:

I'm obsessed with the trailer, haven't been this obsessed with a trailer since...I dunno, maybe one of the last few BotW trailers. Xenoblade 2's trailers definitely didn't generate this kind of excitement from me.

*Looks at pfp*

"I'm obsessed with the trailer". 

Checks out. 

Mar1217 said:

Btb, if you played Xenogears, you might catch the reference when it comes to the 2 titular nations of the game. Keves and Agnus both mean "Lamb" in respective Hebrew and Latin.

Slowly but surely I think Takahashi might be mad enough to make this game THE reimagining of Xenogears.

Though, it's just me speculating.

Doubt the game itself will be a reimagining but the series at this point clearly is the reborn vision of what the whole original Xeno concept was, we're likely going to see such references to Gears and Saga as a result.

For anyone unaware of what the reference is about in Gears

Spoiler!
people living on the land in the game were referred to as lambs in the game it's often used as a derogatory term by those living in settlements in the skies. The people who used the term the most are one particular civilization who reside in a settlement that for those who have played through XBC2 resembles Elysium some what.
Last edited by Wyrdness - on 10 February 2022