By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announced for Switch

The Abridged version of this game’s plot:
The two chicks who got friend-zoned are fighting over who got friend-zoned harder.

Around the Network

All those fanfic writers who fantasized about Nia and Melia meeting each other must be melting right now. Rightfully so.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:

Btb, if you played Xenogears, you might catch the reference when it comes to the 2 titular nations of the game. Keves and Agnus both mean "Lamb" in respective Hebrew and Latin.

Slowly but surely I think Takahashi might be mad enough to make this game THE reimagining of Xenogears.

Though, it's just me speculating.

The main character resembles Fei with a sword.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

That looks amazing, not gonna lie. I never played the first ones since I never owned Wii or Wii U. I kinda wish they would lower the price of the Switch remaster of the two-generation old original down from 60$ so I would actually give it a crack.

Mummelmann said:

That looks amazing, not gonna lie. I never played the first ones since I never owned Wii or Wii U. I kinda wish they would lower the price of the Switch remaster of the two-generation old original down from 60$ so I would actually give it a crack.

It's a remake with additional story DLC included. New engine. New geomtry. Models. Features. Art style. Rerecorded the music.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mummelmann said:

It already went on sale a few times on the eshop and on Amazon it's usually cheaper because it got overshipped.

Too early to say anything about the story or gameplay. At first glance the graphics look very improved over previous games. X was their first HD game and a marvel considering it was on the Wii U. 2 was their first game on Switch when the hardware was new and somewhat rushed, which is why it wasn't as big an improvement over X as it could have been. 1 Definitive edition was limited by still using the original code as its base. Now it looks like we finally get to see what Monoliftsoft can do with a game built ground-up for the Switch with a full development cycle. The water effects look subpar to me, but the rest looks fantastic.