By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@Bursche,

That is very much a factor to Favre and I'm sure he will use his trade veto for any team he feels doesn't represent a solid chance at a ring. Thats (no offense to bears and bucs fans) one of the reasons I think neither of those teams are his first choice.

@Broncos724,

Amen to that, I've really felt bad for Rogers throughout this whole thing and its really unfair to him. No matter how this plays out Rogers is the loser. He didn't do anything wrong to put himself in this position and now the choices are completely out of his hands and will have a profound effect on the rest of his career. And the foreseeable effects are all negative.

With that said if Brett Favre wants to play still it's also unfair to him to boot him out of the league.

In short the whole situation is unenviable for just about everyone involved.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Damn I was expecting Favre show up for Packers training camp ...looks like this gonna last even longer. They're saying Tampa and Jets are the 2 in talk with the Packers to trade him. Which team do you guys think would be the better fit ? Tampa for me would be the best choice since NFC South not that great, with Favre at the gun and Tampa has a decent defense and wr makes it a chance for the playoffs .

Favre has indicated that he wants to see more teams join the discussions. This indicates that he will veto a move to the Jets or Bucs, the two non NFCN teams that are actually involved right now.

The problem is that Favre wants a shot at another SB ring. Unfortunately for him, the teams that do have the best shot at winning the SB (NE, Indy, Dallas, Jax, Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Diego) are set at that position. If you expand the list to include the Giants, Browns, Bengals, or Broncos, they're set too. If he wants to win, the only real options are teams that don't need him.

The Ravens are an interesting case - a strong defense and a capable if aging receiving corps - but they've drafted two quarterbacks in two years in addition to their (mediocre) starter. Miami? Maybe in a few years, but now. Oakland? Al Davis might be crazy enough to trade for Favre after drafting a QB no. 1 overall last year, but Favre isn't crazy enough to play for them. Kansas city? Going downhill fast. Tennessee won't give up on Young after two okay seasons. Same for Arizona and Leinart.

I keep coming back to Chicago and Minnesota as the two teams who badly need a QB to take the next step, but the Packers don't want Favre in their division. I don't think he'll go anywhere in the end.

Favre won't go to the Bears. I can guarantee this being a fan of them. The forward pass is not something that has ever interested them. John Kitna is now the best QB in the NFC North. Woo hoo!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Anyone watch the Hall of Fame game ? Redskin 30 - Colts 16  . Highlights here :

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=4C6D2BA22003BEE82579B6832DC15EB4?videoId=09000d5d809b8809

I thought the redskins defense looked pretty good for preseason , of course Manning wasn't playing so that could of been why :) .

In other news Favre has been reinstated .  Schedule to meet with the coach soon and so called quarter back competition is planned to see who will be the starting QB. Rumors going around Green bay planning to trade him to Viking . I'm thinking he going to play for GB and Rogers going to be warming the bench again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3519067

Bad news for people who own Steve SMith in your fantasy football league he broke his teammates nose and now suspended for the first 2 games aginst chargers and bears.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3518298

Around the Network

Way to go Smith. You broke Kenny Lucas' nose. Way to be a hot head. I kind of wanted to win those games. Looks like its up to Moose.

Brawl: Is that a real cover? Because of if it isn't thats one hell of a photoshop job.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
Way to go Smith. You broke Kenny Lucas' nose. Way to be a hot head. I kind of wanted to win those games. Looks like its up to Moose.

Brawl: Is that a real cover? Because of if it isn't thats one hell of a photoshop job.

lol I thought it was real too , but if you read the comments ect i'm pretty sure its photoshoped .

That was actually a pretty good HOF game last night. I'm glad the Redskins won, I'm not really a fan but, you know, why not? And Colt Brennan showed he was ready to play. I heard some people felt Brennan couldn't make it or something like that, well he did a lot in the game last night. I hope he can make it at QB

ZOMG breaking news Favre has been Traded to the Jets ! Now we get to see Brady vs Favre 2 times a year ....

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3522971

The Brett Favre era in Green Bay apparently came to an end late Wednesday as the longtime Packers star quarterback was traded to the New York Jets, foxsports.com first reported.

The trade, believed to be for a single draft pick that rises in value depending upon how the Jets perform during the 2008 season, was confirmed by ESPN's Michael Smith on Wednesday night.

Jets offseasoned moves:

NFL Draft
-
OLB Vernon Gholston (1st Round, # 6 Overall)
-TE Dustin Keller (1st Round, # 30 Overall) signed
-CB Dwight Lowery (4th round, #113 overall) signed
-QB Erik Ainge (5th round #162 overall) signed
-WR Marcus Henry (6th round #171 overall) signed
-OT Nate Garner (7th round #211 overall) signed
Trades:
-
DT Kris Jenkins (trade with Panthers. Jets give Panthers 2008 3rd and 5th round picks)

Free Agents Signed:
-
LG Alan Faneca
-DB Artrell Hawkins (2/19, FA)
-LB Calvin Pace
-OL Damien Woody
-FB Tony Richardson
-CB Andre Woolfolk
-RB Jesse Chatman
-TE Bubba Franks

Existing Players Re-signed:

-DT Sione Pouha (signed 3-year contract extension through 2011)
-S Kerry Rhodes (signed 5-year contract extension through 2013)
-CB Hank Poteat (re-signed 1-year contract for 2008)

Players lost (cuts, trades, free agency):
- WR Justin McCareins
- CB Andre Dyson
- OG Adrien Clarke
- RT Anthony Clement
- LB Jonathan Vilma (traded to Saints for 2009 Conditional draft pick)
- Safety Eric Coleman (signed with the Atlanta Falcons as a UFA)
- LB Victor Hobson (signed with New England as a UFA)
- DT Dewayne Robertson (traded to the Denver Broncos for an undisclosed 2009 draft pick(s)
-FB Stacey Tutt

Coaching changes:
-
Hired Bill Callahan and named him as Offensive Assistant
-Hired Special Teams coach Kevin O'Dea.
-Special Teams coach Mike Westhoff won't return to the sidelines in 2008.
-Secondary coach Mike Macintrye left to go to Duke

That is crazy. I was hoping for Tampa or release. Hm.. its going to be a very interesting season.

But the AFC East now has three pretty good teams.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!