By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yea I was expecting Tampa also ....this surprised the hell out of me . I got home from Mcdonalds turnt to espn "breaking news Favre traded to the Jets" WTF?!

What do you think the Jets record will be with Favre assuming that he does play ?

I'm going to say 10-6 they made some nice off season moves.

oh Favre Jet Jersey's are onsale now !

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/26368594.html

Around the Network

wow they released those jerseys fast.

i think the jets might just go 8-8

edit: i just looked at their schedule and it looks very easy. 10-6 might be a possibility, and they'll place second in their devision behind the PATS.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

This whole situation sucks for the Packers management I think. They were 13-3 last season and the jets were 4-12. More than likely the Packers will do worse this season while the Jets will do better. If that is the case they are going to catch a lot of crap from their fans. Its not like they had a lot of options and at least they don't have to play against him (this year at least).

It sounds like Pennington might be interested in heading to the MN from the sounds of it though, I don't know if we really have room or need of him on the roster though.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wow like next said theres already Favre jerseys on sale. I can see 10-6. Mangina is a pretty good coach. Yea I know its Mangini but Mangina is so much more fun to say.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

^^LOL @ Mangina.
I use to like him til he snitch on the Pats.

@Sqrl-Even if the Packers still had Favre, it would still be difficult to produce a similar season as last years 13-3 and as far as the jets go, i dont think that its too hard to have a better season this year than last years 4-12. So either way, Favre or no Favre both of these teams wont have a repeat season and it shouldn't come down to "we did better/worse (jets/packers) because of Favre"

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Around the Network
nextgreatchamp said:

@Sqrl-Even if the Packers still had Favre, it would still be difficult to produce a similar season as last years 13-3 and as far as the jets go, i dont think that its too hard to have a better season this year than last years 4-12. So either way, Favre or no Favre both of these teams wont have a repeat season and it shouldn't come down to "we did better/worse (jets/packers) because of Favre"

Thats why I said the whole situation =)

I didn't mean just the Jets trade.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Trade terms so far :

source:Espn

"The Packers will receive a fourth-round draft pick in 2009 in return for Favre. The selection would turn into a third-rounder if Favre plays in 50 percent of the plays this season, a second-rounder if he plays in 70 percent and the Jets make the playoffs, or a first-round pick if he plays in 80 percent and the Jets make it to the Super Bowl. Also if the JETS trade Favre to the Vikings they will have to give the Packers 3 1st round pick."

lol guess they had to add that in there ....

Oh 5 preseason games tonight woot :) !

Preseason Week 1
Thu, Aug 07 Time (EST) Tickets Network DIRECTV DIRECTV HD SIRIUS HOME SIRIUS AWAY Westwood One
NYG @ DET 7:00 PM Tickets 126 127
BAL @ NE 7:30 PM Tickets 123 122
NYJ @ CLE 7:30 PM Tickets 119 121
NO @ ARI 8:00 PM Tickets ESPN 113 140
KC @ CHI 8:00 PM Tickets 124 125

I noticed on the schedule there were some preseason games tonight. I want to watch them. I need me some NFL. CBS and NBC are broadcasting some games if anyone wanted to know. I really don't know which one but I will bet CBS will be AFC. No clue about NBC though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Bursche said:
That is crazy. I was hoping for Tampa or release. Hm.. its going to be a very interesting season.

But the AFC East now has three pretty good teams.

???

I count one.

Sqrl said:

This whole situation sucks for the Packers management I think. They were 13-3 last season and the jets were 4-12. More than likely the Packers will do worse this season while the Jets will do better. If that is the case they are going to catch a lot of crap from their fans. Its not like they had a lot of options and at least they don't have to play against him (this year at least).

It sounds like Pennington might be interested in heading to the MN from the sounds of it though, I don't know if we really have room or need of him on the roster though.

Favre seems to only be going downhill though.  He's not getting better and his judgment in tough situations is still pretty bad.  His tendency to keep trying for the long bomb in losing situations instead of simply going for the 1st down hurts him over and over.  If he's winning, he's playing well.  If he's losing, his judgment disappears and it's one bomb after another.

If anything, the Packers have ditched him while he was still worth something in trade.  We'll see how smart a move it does or doesn't turn out to be later.