By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Quick question for NFC north team fans ...if Favre comes back,but the Packers releases him . Would you not want him on your team even if he takes the team to the SuperBowl ?or rather not have him at all and no SB ? One of the viking fans said this on ESPN mike & mike this morn got me thinking . I might stop hating the bears or vikings if Favre does go to them >.> tho it be weird as hell .

Around the Network

I'm no NFC fan, but it'd be damn weird to have Favre anywhere else. Granted, he wasn't always a Packer, but by now he's basically Wisconsin's version of God.

If the Vikings can somewhow land Favre, they're the team to beat in the NFC. As is, they might make the playoffs with Jackson at the helm and Rodgers at QB for Green Bay, but they won't get far.

Favre is coming to my team, the Bears. We are going to win a Super Bowl and everyone in Wisconsin will cry. My most hated enemy will become my hero. This will be after my beloved Cubs finally win the World Series after 100 years. As you can see, I am completely realistic.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Damn didn't expect Jason Taylor to get traded anywhere guess I was wrong ...to the Redskins at that . Jeremy Shockey gets traded to the Saints looks like the Giants are confident to move on without him .This is gonna be an interesting NFC East division with cowboys looking good as usual, redskins making trades and giants losing key players.

Shockey traded to Saints : http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8096ab63

Taylor to Redskins : http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8096ba2f

Upcoming Training Camp Schedule:

NFL.com

AFC
Team Location Opening dates
Baltimore Ravens Westminster, Md. July 21 (rookies), July 23 (veterans) 
Buffalo Bills Pittsford, N.Y. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Cincinnati Bengals Georgetown, Ky. July 27 (rookies and veterans) 
Cleveland Browns Berea, Ohio July 23 (rookies and veterans) 
Denver Broncos Englewood, Colo. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Houston Texans Houston July 20 (rookies), July 25 (veterans) 
Indianapolis Colts Terre Haute, Ind. July 24 (rookies and veterans) 
Jacksonville Jaguars Jacksonville July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Kansas City Chiefs River Falls, Wis. July 24 (rookies and veterans) 
Miami Dolphins Davie, Fla. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
New England Patriots Foxboro, Mass. July 21 (rookies), July 23 (veterans) 
New York Jets Hempstead, N.Y. July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans) 
Oakland Raiders Napa Valley, Calif. July 24 (rookies and veterans)
Pittsburgh Steelers Latrobe, Pa. July 27 (rookies and veterans) 
San Diego Chargers San Diego July 20 (rookies), July 25 (veterans) 
Tennessee Titans Nashville, Tenn. July 25 (rookies and veterans)
NFC
Team Location Opening dates
Arizona Cardinals Flagstaff, Ariz. July 23 (rookies and veterans) 
Atlanta Falcons Flowery Branch, Ga. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Carolina Panthers Spartanburg, S.C. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Chicago Bears Bourbonnais, Ill. July 23 (rookies and veterans) 
Dallas Cowboys Oxnard, Calif. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Detroit Lions Allen Park, Mich. July 23 (rookies and veterans) 
Green Bay Packers Green Bay, Wis. July 27 (rookies and veterans) 
Minnesota Vikings Mankato, Minn. July 24 (rookies and veterans) 
New Orleans Saints Jackson, Miss./Metairie, La. July 23 (rookies and veterans) 
New York Giants Albany, N.Y. July 24 (rookies and veterans)
Philadelphia Eagles Bethlehem, Pa. July 21 (rookies), July 24 (veterans) 
San Francisco 49ers Santa Clara, Calif. July 24 (rookies and veterans) 
Seattle Seahawks Kirkland, Wash. July 22 (rookies), July 24 (veterans)
St. Louis Rams Mequon, Wis. July 25 (rookies and veterans)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Lake Buena Vista, Fla. July 25 (rookies and veterans) 
Washington Redskins Ashburn, Va. July 19 (rookies and veterans) 

Around the Network
brawl4life said:
Quick question for NFC north team fans ...if Favre comes back,but the Packers releases him . Would you not want him on your team even if he takes the team to the SuperBowl ?or rather not have him at all and no SB ? One of the viking fans said this on ESPN mike & mike this morn got me thinking . I might stop hating the bears or vikings if Favre does go to them >.> tho it be weird as hell .

I've actually been following the whole Favre situation for a while and I'm a bit torn on it if I'm being honest.  I think Jackson can be a winning QB in the NFL, he has the capability, he just needs to bust his ass to develop himself mentally.

First of all from what I've gathered on the situation the Packers don't want Favre anywhere in the NFC and they don't want him anywhere where he would be playing them this year.  With that said they may not have a choice.  GB clearly wants to move forward with Rogers which I both understand and don't understand.  On the one hand a winning QB is a winning QB and you gotta go with the guy who can win for you right now (ie Favre) but on the other hand you need to protect the future of the team which is supposed to be Rogers.  Mentally this has got to be messing with him and that's simply not a good thing for them no matter how you slice it.

So effectively the Packers have made their choice for Qb this year which means they really don't want Favre on the bench since he will take up a roster spot, cost them 12 million, is a huge media distraction, and will cause Rogers to have doubts every time he has a bad game as the media feeds the Favre rumors.

So the Packers want Favre to stay retired but they don't control that, so if he comes back they have two choices (assuming they don't bite the bullet and bench him): Release or Trade.  Releasing him is out of the question since they at least want something in return for their troubles.  Trading him is problematic because Favre has a veto for any trade deal and he can force them to trade him to a competitive team who can win the Superbowl this year.

From the OTR interview and comments made by Peter King and others who talked directly with Favre on the issue he has a few criteria for potential teams:

1. A team capable of winning a Superbowl this year.
  2. A team with a similar offense to GB so he can be effective on day 1
  3. He doesn't want to go to a "Big City" team, he doesn't like the big city (ie NY, etc..)

There are also considerations that have to be made from the other team's perspective:

1. A team that actually needs and wants a QB
  2. A team that can afford to take Favre in terms of money and cap

Based on these criteria there are really only a couple of teams possible, and they are Minnesota, Chicago, and possibly Carolina.  The problem of course being that all three of these teams play GB this year meaning the packers are probably not interested in the trade either.

The Packer's organization basically has a simple situation where they have to choose the slightly more palatable of the highly unpalatable choices.  Personally I think they are going to play chicken with Favre and see if they can get him to stay retired by telling him its bench or nothing.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@ Sqrl

well looks like the Packers are now planning on trading him,but Favre has to agree which I doubt he will. I say just release him let him go where ever he wants if he ends up in Minn and kicks packer ass then its their fault . Here the story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=18E638C3F40CC4556A95F6A172FA0058?id=09000d5d8096f34c&template=with-video&confirm=true

"The Green Bay Packers have spoken to multiple teams to see what they would be willing to offer for Favre.

It is unknown exactly how many teams the Packers have spoken with, but what is known is that they have not relegated their exploratory calls strictly to AFC teams. Green Bay has called multiple teams in the NFC as well. The Packers declined comment.

One NFL executive speculated that the Packers simply are doing their dillegence and fielding any of the potential offers before deciding whether it would be worth trading Favre, who does want to play in 2008.

This hardly means the Packers will wind up dealing Favre. But at least they are debating the merits of it, reaching out to teams to inquire what Favre would bring in return.

By contacting other teams and fielding any potential offers, the Packers then can make a more informed decision about whether or not it is worth trading Favre.

Though it could happen, it still is hard to envision -– the Packers trading Favre.

Yet if Favre opted to play, and if the Packers were willing to trade him -– and those are two big ifs -- the NFC team that would make the most sense is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden is fascinated with quarterbacks and never has enough of them. During his time in Tampa, he also never has had the chance to work with a quarterback like Favre.

In fact, Favre would have to be willing to report to any team that strikes a deal with Green Bay; thus, Favre’s willingness to play for another team must be factored into any potential trade, and the quarterback’s overwhelming preference is to continue playing in Green Bay, not anywhere else.

Still, the Packers have not welcomed back Favre and have told him that he would be a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Before that would happen, Favre first must decide whether he is willing to play this season, even though he clearly wants to. If he does, he would have to send the NFL and the Packers a letter asking to be reinstated. Favre has not made any decisions about if or when to send such a letter.

But there now is another intriguing storyline to go along with any letter. With Jason Taylor in Washington, Jeremy Shockey in New York and big trades sweeping the NFL, the Packers are exploring the possibility of making the biggest of them all."

@Brawl,

Yup saw that article about an hour ago, my take on it based on what I know of the packer's organization is that it has more to do posturing than trading. At the very least they cannot be seen as sticking it to Brett Favre because that would be very bad in terms of PR.

I could be wrong and they may well be interested in trading Favre, but I think if they have another option or they think they can pressure him out they will.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm watching NFL Total Access, and apparently Green Bay is shopping to over 20 teams. I hope he goes to the Vikings, I would hate to see a player like Favre go to a bad team and have to retire the next year with his legacy almost tarnished.

Also, Favre and the running attacks of Taylor and Peterson would just be amazing to see.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

And the big overlooked thing about this Favre circus is Aaron Rogers, the kid has had to sit for 3 years while Favre finishes out his career, then Favre retires, only to want back in. It's like no matter what, Brett Favre just will not go away. I really wish he would.