By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The NFL thread .....

Playoff Bracket (All Times ET)
AFC NFL NFC
Wild Card

Jan. 3-4
Divisional
Playoffs
Jan. 10-11
Conference
Championship
Jan. 18
Super Bowl
XLIII
Feb. 1 - Tampa
Conference Championship
Jan. 18
Divisional
Playoffs
Jan. 10-11
Wild Card

Jan. 3-4
Tiebreakers
x-clinched playoff berth
y-denotes division winner
z-denotes first-round bye
*-clinched home-field advantage

During the regular season, the NFL Playoff Race Bracket and Seeds reflect how the playoffs would stand if the season ended up to that point. The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage.

AFC Playoff tiebreakers
  • Miami earns the No. 3 seed based on conference record over New England (8-4 to Patriots' 7-5)
  • San Diego earns the No. 4 seed based on division record over Denver (5-1 to Broncos' 3-3)
  • Baltimore earns the No. 6 seed based on conference record over New England (8-4 to Patriots' 7-5)
NFC Playoff tiebreakers
  • N.Y. Giants earn the No. 1 seed based on head-to-head record over Carolina (1-0)
AFC Teams eliminated from playoff contention
  • Cincinnati (Week 12), Kansas City (Week 13), Oakland (Week 14), Cleveland (Week 14), Jacksonville (Week 14), Houston (Week 14), Buffalo (Week 15), N.Y. Jets (Week 17), New England (Week 17), Denver (Week 17)
NFC Teams eliminated from playoff contention
  • Detroit (Week 11), St. Louis (Week 12), Seattle (Week 13), San Francisco (Week 14), Green Bay (Week 15), New Orleans (Week 15), Washington (Week 16), Tampa Bay (Week 17), Chicago (Week 17), Dallas (Week 17)

Around the Network

Panthers fan here. Hopefully we can get a Wild card at least this year. Analysts usually say that every year. If Jake actually comes back and plays well plus we draft a good D Line we should be set to get at least 10 wins.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

yea the NFC south is unpredictable >.

COWBOYS super bowl win. lock it in Romo is gonna throw 70 TD passes all of them to T.O

Patriots... Yeah, I'm still not over what happened

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Titans. Hope they make it to the playoffs again. AFC South is a tough division so I expect competition from the Jaguars and Colts. Can't wait for the draft.

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

brawl4life said:
yea the NFC south is unpredictable >.< every year its like the worst team from the division last year wins the division. I thought the Saints were gonna take that division last year then bam Tampa comes out of no where.

Yea you are absolutely right.  Though I don't see Atlanta doing anything and excuse the flamebait but they are garbage without Vick.  I'm a VT Hokie fan so there is kind of a bias in there.  I use to not really care about the Saints but now I hate them since Sean Payton took over.

@JP  I think Romo can throw 71 TD passes to TO. =P 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Argos ftw

lol I live in Georgia and even I hate the Falcons with or without Vick they still sucked . As for the cowboys winning the SB nope ! I have the Chargers winning the superbowl this year .

brawl4life said:

Well since the draft is coming up in a week April 26-27 it gave me the idea to make this thread...

So any NFL(National Football League) fans here on vgchartz ? If so what is your favorite team and how far do you think they'll make it this season ?

My favorite team is the Green Bay Packers (1 game away from the super bowl last year ), with Favre retiring I somewhat lowered my expectations for this season. They should take the NFC North even with an unproven QB, since the only real competition is proably the Viqueens in the division. That said I think the Packers are good enough to secure a wildcard or playoff spot . Finishing it with an 9-7 record.

Go Packers !

OOOHhhhhh.....bring it on Bruce Lee! I'm a diehard Vikings fan. I smell war brewing...might have to duke it out on SSBB, lol (actually don't have the game yet).

I'm just praying that the Vikings get the Jared Allen trade done...even though I'd guess it will take a 1st and 3rd rounder (have two 3rd rounders this year) this year and a 2nd rounder next year. It will be worth it to see him tear into the Packers Rogers.

If they get Jared Allen, it will improve their secondary defense because they won't have to defend the pass for 10 seconds every down.

After that, I hope they pick up another wide reciever with the 2nd rounder....then go for depth on the 0-line, d-line, and secondary with their 3rd-7th rounders.

With the addition of Jared Allen, I expect 10-6, without, 9-7.

Adrian Peterson proved the offense can be a threat even with an inexperienced QB...and now Jackson has one full year under his belt and more weapons on the offense through free agency and possibly the upcoming draft. 

Should be a good season with a great battle between the Vikings and Packers. Good Luck!

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450