By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The NFL thread .....

If Romo keeps up his game, I think they have a good chance.

SRSLY, the end of the season last year, the Dallas games were hard to watch, and reeked of fail.

I kept wanting to scream "THROW THE GOD DAMN BALL TO T.O."

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

Vikes fan here as well. (Though not diehard, since I'm not that self-hateful.)

Shoudl be an interesting year, particularly if they do trade for Allen. With the Williams boys chewing up blocks in the middle, Allen would run wild off the edge for them. Better make sure they get a no drinking clause somewhere in that contract, since he's only a failed breathalyzer away from a year suspension.

The North should be interesting. The Bears have a D and Hester, which seems to be all they need to remain somewhat competitive.

Detroit, well, they're Detroit.

The Pack will look very different with Rodgers, but probably not much worse than with Brett back there. Rodgers will make more plays with his legs than Farve (yes, spelled the way it's pronounced on purpose) ever did, and probably won't force the occasional horrible throw that leads to a deadly pick. As a Vikes fan, I secretly hoped that Farve would stick around long enough for Rodgers to go somewhere else and play some good ball.

The Vikes have Peterson, which cancels out the fact that their QB situation with Trainwreckvaris back there is just abysmal. But, if they end up with a bunch of games where Jackson only has to make 15-20 throws and they pound the ball with AP, they'll be right in the thick of a lot of games. The D was solid last year, and another upgrade to the D-line, like Allen, would give them arguably the best line in the league on the defensive side of the ball. Now if they could just get McKinnie to not get arrested at 3 AM every few weeks, that would be super.

The North should be fun to watch, and while an Allen trade would basically make the draft pointless for me to watch from a Vikings point of view, it would be a giant step for the team as a whole.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

The Saints will rise again! We WILL be Super Bowl champs this year. :D

brawl4life said:
yea the NFC south is unpredictable >.< every year its like the worst team from the division last year wins the division. I thought the Saints were gonna take that division last year then bam Tampa comes out of no where.

We were plagued by injuries last year.  By the end of the season we didn't have McAllister OR Bush.

makingmusic476 said:
brawl4life said:
yea the NFC south is unpredictable >.< every year its like the worst team from the division last year wins the division. I thought the Saints were gonna take that division last year then bam Tampa comes out of no where.

We were plagued by injuries last year. By the end of the season we didn't have McAllister OR Bush.

I think losing McAllister was way more of a blow to the Saints than Bush's late injuries. Bush is flashy, but I just don't think he can be an every down back in the NFL relying solely on making people miss. McAllister was what they needed as the power back to grind out yardage so then they can bring Bush in and run something different and hope for a big gainer. Reggi has the ability to be a useful weapon in an offense as someone who they draw up specific plays for. As a 20-25 touch a game guy, probably not so much.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network
Frodaddyg said:
Vikes fan here as well. (Though not diehard, since I'm not that self-hateful.)

Shoudl be an interesting year, particularly if they do trade for Allen. With the Williams boys chewing up blocks in the middle, Allen would run wild off the edge for them. Better make sure they get a no drinking clause somewhere in that contract, since he's only a failed breathalyzer away from a year suspension.

The North should be interesting. The Bears have a D and Hester, which seems to be all they need to remain somewhat competitive.

Detroit, well, they're Detroit.

The Pack will look very different with Rodgers, but probably not much worse than with Brett back there. Rodgers will make more plays with his legs than Farve (yes, spelled the way it's pronounced on purpose) ever did, and probably won't force the occasional horrible throw that leads to a deadly pick. As a Vikes fan, I secretly hoped that Farve would stick around long enough for Rodgers to go somewhere else and play some good ball.

The Vikes have Peterson, which cancels out the fact that their QB situation with Trainwreckvaris back there is just abysmal. But, if they end up with a bunch of games where Jackson only has to make 15-20 throws and they pound the ball with AP, they'll be right in the thick of a lot of games. The D was solid last year, and another upgrade to the D-line, like Allen, would give them arguably the best line in the league on the defensive side of the ball. Now if they could just get McKinnie to not get arrested at 3 AM every few weeks, that would be super.

The North should be fun to watch, and while an Allen trade would basically make the draft pointless for me to watch from a Vikings point of view, it would be a giant step for the team as a whole.
heheh typical Vikings fan its Favre ! I don't see the bears doing anything great they lost their 2 WR, their defense is not what it use to be  (AP 224 rushing yards in 1 game). I don't trust Rodgers at all he seems like he injury proned. Favre will be back either this season (Rogers very likely to get injured) or the next to beat the vikes once more :) ! As for the Saints maybe a wildcard spot I have Tampa or Carolina winning NFC south. Hmmmm seems alot of NFL fans here maybe we should make a Vgchartz Fantasy Football League anyone in ?

Frodaddyg said:
makingmusic476 said:
brawl4life said:

We were plagued by injuries last year. By the end of the season we didn't have McAllister OR Bush.

I think losing McAllister was way more of a blow to the Saints than Bush's late injuries. Bush is flashy, but I just don't think he can be an every down back in the NFL relying solely on making people miss. McAllister was what they needed as the power back to grind out yardage so then they can bring Bush in and run something different and hope for a big gainer. Reggi has the ability to be a useful weapon in an offense as someone who they draw up specific plays for. As a 20-25 touch a game guy, probably not so much.

Sometimes Bush is nothing more than flash, but sometimes he makes some stunning plays.  He can sure jump. 

I wish Colston hadn't been injured back in 2006, tbh.  When he first started, he was amazing.  He would do anything to catch the ball, and rarely dropped passes.  Then he got injured, and from that point on he played far more reservedly.

He was our biggest asset in the first half of the '06 season, imo. 

Dallas fan here. I think Jonathon Stewart of Oregon will fall to us for our first pick to back up Marion Barber and then hopefully Deshawn Jackson from Cal for our second pick then we can have both of them back to return kick offs, that would be really dangerous. We can get a good corner in round two and we need it because we got smoked last year by the third receiver from the other team at times. What really sucked was TO and Terry Glenn getting hurt and then the Giants just blizted the hell out of us and Romo had zero time to throw, Strahan was five yards deep into the backfield by the time Romo had the ball. Get someone to light a fire under the o-line's ass in the playoffs as we can win the Super Bowl.

Wow Miami takes Jake Long as the #1 pick ,Michigan left tackle to a five-year, $57.75 million contract with $30 million guaranteed. I thought for sure they would trade down for more picks ......

super_etecoon said:
I root for the Raiders....so it's been a sad couple years.

Haha, I know what you mean. I'm a longtime 49ers fan (across the bay, baby!)and things haven't been too great in awhile. :( I know the 49ers/Raiders are rivals, but since I've been away from CA I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders win some games too.  My family is kind of split as 49er/Raider fans, hehe. I'm looking forward to checking out more from JaMarcus Russell this upcoming season.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"