By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@brawl: yea shockey gets a ring.
@cwbys21: I do think it is a possibility that Matt Ryan will bust. You can't expect him to go in there and be magic. He might play well but that doesn't mean his team does. He might not take as much heat as Harrington or Carr just on the fact they were first overall picks and he is just the first QB picked. We have to wait and see. And you are talking about Kevin Jones. I wanted him to be good but it just hasn't happened unfortunately.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

It just didn't happen for a lot of the Lions draft picks and McMillan still has his job. Seriously he much have some really good pictures of the owner in a very compromising position to still have his job.

I'm pretty happy with how things turned out for the Vikings, we still have some issues on the Offensive line potentially but as I see it right now our defense would consider it a complete let-down to not be a top 5 defense this year and a good shot at #1.

The offense doesn't get a lot of help but Bernard Berrian combined with Gus Frerotte to help mentor Jackson and there might be hope for our passing game yet. In the meantime Peterson has already proved he can not only run the ball for some sick production but he can do it while the other team stacks 8 in the box. If our passing game can develop into even a minor threat I expect Peterson to really start tearing it up.

I feel fairly confident about the division this year right now, and we'll get our first taste of that on opening day, I can't wait!

To Each Man, Responsibility

If the Vikes had a real quarterback, they'd be a scary team. The best run D, a great pass-rusher, and an awesome RB tandem.

And Tarvaris Jackson will find ways to ruin all of that.

Desroko said:
If the Vikes had a real quarterback, they'd be a scary team. The best run D, a great pass-rusher, and an awesome RB tandem.

And Tarvaris Jackson will find ways to ruin all of that.

Tarvaris is young and makes mistakes no doubt, but he has shown flashes of brilliance even under pressure. With that said I don't know if he can get past his mental issues and this isn't some feel good film where he will suddenly become the QB of our dreams, I have no illusions of anything like that. My dream is that he will play smart football and provide enough of a pass threat to keep at least 4 out of the box on passing downs to give AP a chance. On that note he has every opportunity to be a good QB with the vikings, I mean defenses are on edge about the run game and we have a defense that can clean up most of the messes he can put us in with a turnover.

If he can't cut it in that situation then we have Gus and Booty who can both step up this year if needed (I prefer Gus). Long story short the rest of our team is good enough that Tarvaris just has to not suck...and that will get the job done against most teams (at least until the playoffs).

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

The thing about Jackson is that he was never really challenged in college playing D-1AA. I know Favre and Romo came from there, but there is a reason not many good players come from the lower levels. So he has to do a lot of growing that a guy from a big time school did in college, plus the growing needed to be good in the nfl, and do it all while under fire in the nfl.

Anyone following the mini camps ? Oh what team do you guys think Shaun Alexander will end up with ? Looks like Bengals, Saints, or Broncos might sign him.

Bump. Just giving a link to my Fantasy Football thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29133&start=-0

On topic: Im a Dallas fan. Gotta love all the talent and stars that are coming out of there. I wouldnt be surprised if we got to the Superbowl this year. If we dont win even one playoff game though, someone should be fired.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Panthers have had some mini camps (They call it summer school) which no one is allowed to go watch. Kind of lame. The real training camp starts soon though. I want to go to one this year if I can get gas money.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
Panthers have had some mini camps (They call it summer school) which no one is allowed to go watch. Kind of lame. The real training camp starts soon though. I want to go to one this year if I can get gas money.
errr wth summer school ? I live near the falcons training facillity drove by couple times when they had the peta and the other protesters before Vick's trial. I hate the falcons tho, so no point in watching them practice when I barely watch any of the games they play .  In other news looks like Strahan is finally retiring after getting his SB ring. Gonna be interesting seeing the giants defense without his leadership.  source :http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808c341d&template=with-video&confirm=true