By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
brawl4life said:

Trade terms so far :

source:Espn

"The Packers will receive a fourth-round draft pick in 2009 in return for Favre. The selection would turn into a third-rounder if Favre plays in 50 percent of the plays this season, a second-rounder if he plays in 70 percent and the Jets make the playoffs, or a first-round pick if he plays in 80 percent and the Jets make it to the Super Bowl. Also if the JETS trade Favre to the Vikings they will have to give the Packers 3 1st round pick."

lol guess they had to add that in there ....

Oh 5 preseason games tonight woot :) !

Preseason Week 1
Thu, Aug 07 Time (EST) Tickets Network DIRECTV DIRECTV HD SIRIUS HOME SIRIUS AWAY Westwood One
NYG @ DET 7:00 PM Tickets 126 127
BAL @ NE 7:30 PM Tickets 123 122
NYJ @ CLE 7:30 PM Tickets 119 121
NO @ ARI 8:00 PM Tickets ESPN 113 140
KC @ CHI 8:00 PM Tickets 124 125

Yeah I got a kick out of that special condition, really shows you how worried they were about the Vikings =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Desroko said:
Bursche said:
That is crazy. I was hoping for Tampa or release. Hm.. its going to be a very interesting season.

But the AFC East now has three pretty good teams.

???

I count one.

Patriots

Jets are now a contender with their offseason trades

Bills are an up and coming team

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

quarashi said:
Wow like next said theres already Favre jerseys on sale. I can see 10-6. Mangina is a pretty good coach. Yea I know its Mangini but Mangina is so much more fun to say.

I'm wondering whats going to happen with the madden cover 0_o ? Probably too late to change to a JETs jersey I guess.

Oh looks like Favre's Jet jersey sales broke the single day reord ...damn that was pretty quick.

Favre's Jets jersey already in demand

|

"Just as quickly as Brett Favre swapped his customary green and gold for green and white, Jets fans quickly took advantage of the opportunity to purchase the jersey of their team's newest quarterback.

Favre, 38, who spent 16 seasons in Green Bay, was traded to the Jets late Wednesday night. Shortly after news broke that Favre was headed to the Big Apple, the Jets made his new jersey available on the apparel portion of their Web site, Jets Shop, for $80.

The response was immediate. The Jets Shop site even went down temporarily because of the overwhelming volume of requests, confirmed to be "in the thousands" in the first day of sales.

The first Favre jerseys were being manufactured at Reebok's plant in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Thursday. NFLShop.com, the NFL's official online store, received more than 3,200 orders and counting, setting a single-day sales record and single-day single-player jersey sales record."

souce: http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjersey0808,0,2795319.story

Being a Bears fan I'm excited that Chad Pennington's available.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

i'm not sure the jets will make it to the playoffs, even with favre and a 10-6 record, if they even achieve it. I mean the AFC conference is pretty difficult. Last season there was seven teams that finished better than 10-6 and theres only room for six of those teams to make it to the playoffs, sorry Browns fans. The jets are in the same division with the Pats so that means that they will probably end up trying to make a wild card spot. Sorry but i'm just not completely sold on the J-E-T-S.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Around the Network

The AFC East has the easiest schedule this year though. So you never know what might happen.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

brawl4life said:
quarashi said:
Wow like next said theres already Favre jerseys on sale. I can see 10-6. Mangina is a pretty good coach. Yea I know its Mangini but Mangina is so much more fun to say.

I'm wondering whats going to happen with the madden cover 0_o ? Probably too late to change to a JETs jersey I guess.

Oh looks like Favre's Jet jersey sales broke the single day reord ...damn that was pretty quick.

Favre's Jets jersey already in demand

|

"Just as quickly as Brett Favre swapped his customary green and gold for green and white, Jets fans quickly took advantage of the opportunity to purchase the jersey of their team's newest quarterback.

Favre, 38, who spent 16 seasons in Green Bay, was traded to the Jets late Wednesday night. Shortly after news broke that Favre was headed to the Big Apple, the Jets made his new jersey available on the apparel portion of their Web site, Jets Shop, for $80.

The response was immediate. The Jets Shop site even went down temporarily because of the overwhelming volume of requests, confirmed to be "in the thousands" in the first day of sales.

The first Favre jerseys were being manufactured at Reebok's plant in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Thursday. NFLShop.com, the NFL's official online store, received more than 3,200 orders and counting, setting a single-day sales record and single-day single-player jersey sales record."

souce: http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjersey0808,0,2795319.story

I read that EA will let you print out a new cover from their site with the Jets Jersey on you and you can slip that badboy into the box.  Then you will get to dl the roster update.  Something like that.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Bursche said:
The AFC East has the easiest schedule this year though. So you never know what might happen.

Exactly, an easy schedule for the Pats doesn't seem to help the jets or any other team for that matter.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Yea, I just heard this morn on mike & mike espn show . Now is the madden jynx going to affect Favre or the packers :) ?!

Oh if you believe madden simulations here what they got on the Jets :

"August 7, 2008 - Using Madden NFL 09 to simulate results for the 2008 NFL season, EA Sports predicts the New York Jets will win their most games since 1998 and earn a berth in the AFC Playoffs with Brett Favre as their starting quarterback. With Favre, the cover athlete for Madden NFL 09, EA Sports predicts the Jets will finish 11-4-1. Without Favre, the Jets stood to miss the playoffs with a 9-7 record."

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/897/897331p1.html

I guess that Pennington isn't going to the Bears. Maybe they can get Jay Feidler or Don Strock. We need someone. I will not except Chuck Long. Oh, and B4L, that tells you something about ESPN. They predict ties. Those never happen. I predict the Jets to go 8-8 if Favre stays healthy.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger