I'll just play it on my c... 0 0%

It's huge but still looking forward to it 11 15.71%

You're crazy it looks awesome 19 27.14%

Total:70
numberwang said:
Random_Matt said:

Power requires size, pointless thread.

ARM does what Intel'nt

Steam Dock will compete with SFF PCs or gaming laptops.

I doubt it will compete with gaming laptops. Gaming on the move on a gaming laptop isn't practical at all and very short lived. I don't think many people buy a gaming laptop to play games on the bus or plane. It's a space saver, easier to carry to another place than a PC and can also be used to work on. Mine doesn't even move from the table it's sitting on. If I want to play on TV, simply connect wireless, yet most of the time I just play on its 144hz ips panel.

Steam Dock will compete with the other handheld PCs out there, GDP Win3, AyaNeo, etc.

Around the Network

My pc is getting old and I need a new one for gaming. Xbox has become so stale they need to buy their way to the finish line. PS5 VR2 is the only console I would by but it’s insanely expensive. Switch lacks anything I want (3D Metroid /RDR2). So a gaming pc it is.

Steam is by far the best market for games. The company is unbeatable in fair value and breadth of games. I will by a new gaming pc for sure as I like having that on the couch and tv experience. I’m also definitely getting a Steam deck because I’ll have all of my games on a slate device where I can pick up where I left off.

That shit looks dope to me.

Kakadu18 said:
mjk45 said:

The point is it isn't meant to sell handheld or console numbers it's purpose is to sell the Steam library, also regarding portability just like when the Switch came out there were those put off by it's size but also like the switch it will mostly be played at home plugged into the TV.

I know what it's supposed to do. I'm just saying that it's unappealing to me and most likely won't sell much.

Not appealing to you is fine and understandable but your won't sell much point is vague and without any context.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

This might be a little early when its not even out or have any indepth reviews of the Deck. And so far previews for it have been very positive.

The controller itself looks serviceable. It has full sized analogue sticks and triggers which most other handhelds don't. For ergonomics, I'd say this looks more a lot comfortable to hold than the Switch. Like the way its designed, is definitely for larger hands adult sized hands; where there are big grips on the back and thumbs lay in a more natural position. Size wise its chonky, can't see it in any other way. And though portable, I don't see it being as convenient to lets say bring out of your bag to play like a Switch but you could do that.

But yeah having a affordable mini-PC thats portable which can play a lot of recent games. I think it'll have its appeal.

Last edited by hinch - on 05 February 2022

I really want it either way. But I’m waiting for the longevity of it to be proven to continue in addition to a slightly cheaper best model. Perhaps that’ll be a redesign too.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
hinch said:

This might be a little early when its not even out or have any indepth reviews of the Deck. And so far previews for it have been very positive.

The controller itself looks serviceable. It has full sized analogue sticks and triggers which most other handhelds don't. For ergonomics, I'd say this looks more a lot comfortable to hold than the Switch. Like the way its designed, is definitely for larger hands adult sized hands; where there are big grips on the back and thumbs lay in a more natural position. Size wise its chonky, can't see it in any other way. And though portable, I don't see it being as convenient to lets say bring out of your bag to play like a Switch but you could do that.

But yeah having a affordable mini-PC thats portable which can play a lot of recent games. I think it'll have its appeal.

The analog stick positions look nice imo.. and the extra width after that should prove comfortable for the hand. Can’t wait to get mine!

I’m not going to debate the failiure or success of the SD.

But to me SD lacks one of the main features of PC gaming, KB+M.

But then someone will say: ”Het Spindel, it is a PC you can connect a KB+M”

To which I say: Then it becomes very much stationary and I might as well spend the same amount of money on a better computer.

Hynad said:

Now I see.

By Deck, they meant a pool deck.

Nin Switch

Steam Deck

Valve (Steam) past:

Nin past:

Valve and Nin now:

For what it offers, Steam Deck seems pretty decent. Valve has made considerable progress on the hardware front.

The main eye candy is supposed to be whatever's on the screen, not the hardware itself.

Kakadu18 said:

It's not a console, it's a PC.

Okay, now that's hilarious.