By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Road to 160m+ for Nintendo Switch

Ashadelo said:

Not to sound mean, but.... how can anyone honestly believe Switch 2 was even a possibility this year??? Look at Nintendo and everyone one of their directs. They have only announced games releasing in a 3-6 monthish window for the most part. Sometimes I think people on this board allow personal desires to cloud their logic judgment.

I mean the recent highly reported on rumour was that it was originally intended for this year before getting delayed so it's a completely fair belief to have.

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Not to sound mean, but.... how can anyone honestly believe Switch 2 was even a possibility this year??? Look at Nintendo and everyone one of their directs. They have only announced games releasing in a 3-6 monthish window for the most part. Sometimes I think people on this board allow personal desires to cloud their logic judgment.

Because people think rumors and leaks mean confirmed.  

Chrkeller said:
Ashadelo said:

Lots of people knew what the Switch was gonna be like before its October 2016 reveal cause of rumours and leaks. When a rumour like this is this highly reported on there's a good chance it's true.

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

Lots of people knew what the Switch was gonna be like before its October 2016 reveal cause of rumours and leaks. When a rumour like this is this highly reported on there's a good chance it's true.

Maybe.  I still think the switch 2 rumors on graphics are highly unlikely to be true.  I don't trust most rumors.  Wind Waker was rumored for release on the switch for over a year now.

Norion said:
Ashadelo said:

I mean the recent highly reported on rumour was that it was originally intended for this year before getting delayed so it's a completely fair belief to have.

Agreed.  Although Nintendo's calendar year hardware sales aren't going to be great, I think there were a few factors that ultimately lead to waiting until next year.  This video sheds a lot of light on why in makes sense financially:

Add to that more time to ready the games lineup for launch and post-launch, plentiful unit numbers to combat scalpers and the fact that a March launch for Switch 2 will still be reflected in its fiscal year hardware sales and it all works out better for Nintendo in the long run.

Furthermore, like Rol pointed out, Nintendo likely has finished games we don't know about yet that were always in the pipeline for Switch this year that they can rely on for Switch to have another solid lineup through the holiday.

Around the Network

Hello guys I have a name for the switch let me know what you think of it. The name of the switch 2 should be "switchblade."

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Hello guys I have a name for the switch let me know what you think of it. The name of the switch 2 should be "switchblade."

Interesting, what's the gimmick?

Other note: Since they are re-releasing the Mario Movie in June, do we think there could be another boost in console sales?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
hellobion2 said:

Other note: Since they are re-releasing the Mario Movie in June, do we think there could be another boost in console sales?

It is always possible

Shtinamin_ said:
hellobion2 said:

There's a blade concealed in the Switch 2. You can use it to assassinate those who pirate Nintendo games.

KLAMarine said:
Shtinamin_ said:

There's a blade concealed in the Switch 2. You can use it to assassinate those who pirate Nintendo games.

It's actually two words - "Switch Blade"

It's going to be the dock with extra processing power that everyone has been talking about since the Switch was first conceived, but instead of merely having a CPU, LAN port and housing a Switch on its own, it'll be designed to go in a server rack in your closet and work with several other Switch Blades to multiply that computational power with each additional unit, each one coming together like Voltron to form the ultimate gaming machine greater than the sum of its parts.

Be prepared to constantly have your home temperature set to below 60 degrees Fahrenheit though. I'm just going to drill a hole through the back of my freezer.