By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Road to 160m+ for Nintendo Switch

Very off topic here, but I can use some advise. How do I change my profile picture. I don't seem to find a way in my profile settings. First I thought it might have to do with the 'level' I'm at. I'm using firefox for browsing btw. Thanks in advance!

Around the Network
Metallox said:

It won't.

See ya in two years.

2 years have passed, still believe this?

King Switch coming for 165-170 million

DroidKnight said:

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is how I've done it.  

On the top left hover over your profile square till this pops up and select the Settings on the bottom right.

Then on this screen click on the green box with the white lines.  (circled)

Then select Avatar Settings 

This will be there somewhere, select Upload New Avatar

You will then get this screen where you can drop a file or an image in to.  It will appear in the bottom square once you put it the top white rectangle section.  

You can move your pic around and adjust the size of the square on the bottom.  Once you like how it looks , save New Avatar.

I'm also in dark mode, so the colors may look different to you if you are in light mode.  

Tober said:

Very off topic here, but I can use some advise. How do I change my profile picture. I don't seem to find a way in my profile settings. First I thought it might have to do with the 'level' I'm at. I'm using firefox for browsing btw. Thanks in advance!

I had to dig a little bit back, but here it is.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
DroidKnight said:

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is how I've done it.  

On the top left hover over your profile square till this pops up and select the Settings on the bottom right.

Then on this screen click on the green box with the white lines.  (circled)

Then select Avatar Settings 

This will be there somewhere, select Upload New Avatar

You will then get this screen where you can drop a file or an image in to.  It will appear in the bottom square once you put it the top white rectangle section.  

You can move your pic around and adjust the size of the square on the bottom.  Once you like how it looks , save New Avatar.

I'm also in dark mode, so the colors may look different to you if you are in light mode.  

Tober said:

I had to dig a little bit back, but here it is.  

Thanks A Million! It worked.

Around the Network

Just want to add that a SMART holiday title for Nintendo would be Tomodachi. It was a top 10 title for the 3DS and the series hasn't gotten an entry yet on the Switch. This isn't a prediction though. They may have just given the middle finger to the whole series even though it was fairly successful.

Nintendo still has cards to play for holiday titles if they want to.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Just want to add that a SMART holiday title for Nintendo would be Tomodachi. It was a top 10 title for the 3DS and the series hasn't gotten an entry yet on the Switch. This isn't a prediction though. They may have just given the middle finger to the whole series even though it was fairly successful.

I agree 100%. Imo I think Nintendo could've done a better job capitalizing on more casual simulation games like that for the Switch gen considering how successful Animal Crossing was. I see everywhere on the internet of so many people wanting Nintendo to announce Tomodachi Life and it was one of the most popular games on the 3DS despite not having as large of a casual audience like the DS or Switch, Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine with that game but they're refusing to use it and I think it could be another big holiday title since it's a popular game that will capitalize on a simulation genre that Nintendo has sort of neglected with the exception of Animal Crossing, I think a game like that would be able to sell more Switches at this point than a Zelda,Mario or Pokemon game would mainly because most fans of Zelda,Mario & Pokemon already been fulfilled with their franchises on Switch and most people interested in those games already own a Switch. Tomodachi life would appeal to new players who are more into those franchises.

I also think another Nintendogs game would do well for Switch as well, would be the first one in over 13 years and I'm sure many players would want to go back to it for nostalgia and to play a Nintendogs game on an HD system on the TV.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I agree Nintendo has a LOT of cards to play.

Here are some cards that I has seen not played yet.

• Tomodachi
  • Nintendogs
  • DK
  • Mario & Luigi (even though AlphaDream is dead)
  • Kid Icarus (it had a 3DS release meaning they still care about it)
  • Rhythm Heaven (a personal want)
  • Some remake of a popular game?

This is a personal theory, related to Pokémon (duh look at my profile pic lol), TPC released to the world access to use for free the music from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and Leaf Green on Pokémon Day Feb 27. This access is VPN locked to Japan & Asia, but there are Official TPC Youtube video of the music library. When BDSP released, the TPC released Diamond and Pearl music on Youtube, and put that music onto the Sound Library, and Youtube.
My theory is that this year they will release all of the Gen 3 games either as part of NSO GBA (I doubt, but would make sense), or as physical releases. This will be part of the last solo holiday hurrah for the Switch.

(This theory could be a flop given that TPC released Pokémon Red/Blue/Green and select Pokémon Scarlet and Violet music on the Sound Library last year, along with Youtube, and we didnt have a release of Red Blue or Green).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

I demand Rhythm Heaven !

Shtinamin_ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I agree Nintendo has a LOT of cards to play.

Here are some cards that I has seen not played yet.

• Tomodachi
  • Nintendogs
  • DK
  • Mario & Luigi (even though AlphaDream is dead)
  • Kid Icarus (it had a 3DS release meaning they still care about it)
  • Rhythm Heaven (a personal want)
  • Some remake of a popular game?

This is a personal theory, related to Pokémon (duh look at my profile pic lol), TPC released to the world access to use for free the music from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and Leaf Green on Pokémon Day Feb 27. This access is VPN locked to Japan & Asia, but there are Official TPC Youtube video of the music library. When BDSP released, the TPC released Diamond and Pearl music on Youtube, and put that music onto the Sound Library, and Youtube.
My theory is that this year they will release all of the Gen 3 games either as part of NSO GBA (I doubt, but would make sense), or as physical releases. This will be part of the last solo holiday hurrah for the Switch.

(This theory could be a flop given that TPC released Pokémon Red/Blue/Green and select Pokémon Scarlet and Violet music on the Sound Library last year, along with Youtube, and we didnt have a release of Red Blue or Green).

Nintendo has quite a lot of dormant IPs, some of which could be a nice addition to the Switch lineup. You already mentioned a couple, I'll add Excitebike (or trucks, or bots, or whatever they want to use this time around), Mario baseball, Punch-Out!! (Unlikely due to ARMS filling that niche mostly) and Golden Sun into the mix of IPs where Nintendo could bring a successor.

Personally I would love a HD remaster of ExciteTrucks and ExciteBots bundled together, as well as a remaster of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiance Dawn, as they were some of my favorite Wii games from Nintendo

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 07 March 2024