By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could it be that experts have lied to us about the dinosaurs?

Jumpin said:
drkohler said:

Posters like you always make me think: What went wrong with education in your school?

If you want to talk about education, then what went wrong with yours? Did you not have any human contact? So much irony and satire flew so far over your head that you must have been homeschooled on a farm in North Korea. 
If any more flew over, the impact from the sheer volume would cause an extinction event.

Usually when people question other knowledge or education they are the ones with the faulty one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Can’t tell if this thread is satire or…

… definitely satire. Carry on.

darkenergy said:

In dinosaur related news, anyone looking forward to Jurassic World Dominion?

After the shitshow that was "Fallen Kingdom", not really.

Damn, you got me.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Barozi said:

How can people fall for the OP? He's obviously joking.

Are you sure?

While I was at the University, I was the "Get him on the phone" guy when the Uri Geller crowd phoned in to tell their tales of bent spoons and clocks going again. Also Flat earthers etc nutjobs.

I can assure you these Creationists/Flat Earthers/etc morons (appart from the fact these people are completely immune to logic) can be found everywhere. And they operate on the "I'm not a Scientologist but.." principle. If they are not in their own territory, the usual "It was only a joke/It was only satire" line immediately folows.

Yeah, we're sure. Jumpin is the most sarcastic user in this forum. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jumpin, it was a good thread. The satire was oozing out of the OP and I enjoyed it. It was good to read something light for a change. Keep doing you, I enjoy you!

Last edited by Majora - on 02 February 2022

Metallox said:
drkohler said:

Are you sure?

While I was at the University, I was the "Get him on the phone" guy when the Uri Geller crowd phoned in to tell their tales of bent spoons and clocks going again. Also Flat earthers etc nutjobs.

I can assure you these Creationists/Flat Earthers/etc morons (appart from the fact these people are completely immune to logic) can be found everywhere. And they operate on the "I'm not a Scientologist but.." principle. If they are not in their own territory, the usual "It was only a joke/It was only satire" line immediately folows.

Yeah, we're sure. Jumpin is the most sarcastic user in this forum. 

Jumpin was skewering people who unironically believe in Flat Earther/Creationism.

Jumpin said:

Two of them, back to back!
And to answer your question: no, it's not trolling, it's satire aimed at a creationist video. The over-the-top absurdity should have made this abundantly clear.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that you dropped like 20 condescending paragraphs, thinking you're owning me. It makes it even more funny considering the Oxford Languages definition of satire: "The use of humour, irony, exaggeration, and ridicule to expose or criticize people's stupidity."

Satire is often mocking/mimicking an idea.
Trolling is often the same in order to bait a reaction.

And yes I was aware of what was occurring, but thought I would put my Atheist spin on it regardless... Because at the end of the day, it's actually not about you...  Often when I reply to individuals, I don't do it for the person I am replying to. - Often it's to try and pass off a degree of truth.

But I got what I wanted out of this and that is all that matters... And that is personal entertainment and to switch off. -At the time I had just finished a job where a motorcycle had exploded, killing an individual.
That and hopefully it educates (because ironically there are people that actually BELIEVE in that tripe) some people.

If you think I am condescending, so be it. I really don't care, that is a small world, insignificant issue that you have, not me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Jumpin said:

Two of them, back to back!
And to answer your question: no, it's not trolling, it's satire aimed at a creationist video. The over-the-top absurdity should have made this abundantly clear.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that you dropped like 20 condescending paragraphs, thinking you're owning me. It makes it even more funny considering the Oxford Languages definition of satire: "The use of humour, irony, exaggeration, and ridicule to expose or criticize people's stupidity."

Satire is often mocking/mimicking an idea.
Trolling is often the same in order to bait a reaction.

And yes I was aware of what was occurring, but thought I would put my Atheist spin on it regardless... Because at the end of the day, it's actually not about you...  Often when I reply to individuals, I don't do it for the person I am replying to. - Often it's to try and pass off a degree of truth.

But I got what I wanted out of this and that is all that matters... And that is personal entertainment and to switch off. -At the time I had just finished a job where a motorcycle had exploded, killing an individual.
That and hopefully it educates (because ironically there are people that actually BELIEVE in that tripe) some people.

If you think I am condescending, so be it. I really don't care, that is a small world, insignificant issue that you have, not me.

I believed that 5 headed dinosaurs existed and were killed by guns till I read your reply. Thanks for the help.