By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could it be that experts have lied to us about the dinosaurs?

Seems like they hit the nail in the head =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
ireadtabloids said:

I used to live with someone that would tell me all this without any parody element for a few days whenever the monthly magazine came out.
The founder was an Australian that found it all to be quite a profitable business for a long time.

Ken Hamm? He runs the Creation Museum in Kentucky. The exhibits have people riding saddled dinosaurs. It's like an unironic version of The Flintstones. They also have what they claim to be a full-sized Noah's Ark.

Some parody account (I can only hope it is a parody) uttered:

1. No dinosaurs were carnivores, the teeth were fabrications. Only 20% of a a skeleton has ever been found.

My comment: This is true.

2. They brought 2 of every dinosaur onto Noah's ark, but they were babies, so they could fit them.

My comment: not a huge stretch,

3. When God said people could eat meat, people got out their guns and shot the biggest ones, sometimes just for fun!

My comment: it's true humans shot all the big ones with their ancient rifles. If you saw a critically endangered dinosaur, wouldn't you shoot it for fun?

4. To believe in dinosaurs doesn't mean it's millions of years. It's just a few thousand. Dinosaurs and evolution don't go together.

My comment: Evolution favours survival of the fittest.

Wow, you really have no clue about science and evolution. Are you a member of the CreationScience institute, by any chance?

Point 1 is patently false. There are several museums that have large percentages of dinosaur skeletons. By the way, your Gorilla picture showing these nice teeth: Yes, Gorillas (and Chimpanses) hunt smaller apes for food if the opportunity is there. Has been documented umpteen times in documentaries.

Point 2 is bible thumper nonsense. By the way, Hamm doesn't have a life-sized arch. It's a concrete thing of how he thinks the arch looked like. He knew if he used wood the whole thing would disintegrate almost instantly as it is completely impossible to build a stable arch-sized arch out of wood. Yes... there again is that movie where giant demons build the arch. Once again: IT IS JUST A MOVIE.

Point 3 So you are saying man and dinosaurs lived at the same time? aahh, the 6000 year old creation earth nonsense again. You do know Spielberg makes MOVIES, not evolution science?

Point 4: That is NOT what evolutionary theory predicts.

I don't expect that you will try to learn about science, and particularly why creation science is utter nonsense. And Ken Hamm, isn't that the guy who regularly goes to prison for frauds committed?

Posters like you always make me think: What went wrong with education in your school?

Jumpin said:

I'm going to add my own commentary so I don't misrepresent the words of the speakers and make them sound stupid or wrong. Everything he says is true. Those will be printed in bold, and all mine in regular font.

1. No dinosaurs were carnivores, the teeth were fabrications. Only 20% of a a skeleton has ever been found.

My comment: This is true. We've only found one fossilized skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. A 5 headed, 5 tailed, and 5 bodied giant lizard, except with only 1 head, 1 tail, and 1 body - 20% of the full beast. Also, it was an extremely effeminate T-Rex, so its body resembled that of birds, rather than the big lizard it is. We also couldn't find all four of its limbs, so we just stuck on baby arms instead.

The sharp teeth we discovered were actually to eat tough fruit, much like their closest relatives, the Mountain gorilla.

False. Just because *you* say it is true... And you watched a Youtube video from people who believe the same things you do, doesn't make it true.

There have been complete fossilized skeletons of Dinosaurs. Even the T-Rex, making your assertion... False. Go to a Museum some time.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/20/first-complete-t-rex-skeleton-found-locked-in-battle-with-triceratops-13625874/

They were a Carnivore.

Jumpin said:

2. They brought 2 of every dinosaur onto Noah's ark, but they were babies, so they could fit them.

My comment: not a huge stretch, we only know of approximately 900 genera of dinosaur covering about 1124 species. It may sound like a lot, but we have 7.77 million species of animal alive, today, ignoring all the extinct ones. The ark could fit a lot. As you can see, millions of animals:

Basically what you are trying to do here, is forcibly shoe-horn "reason" into a mystical fairy tale.

There is no evidence of a world-wide flood, but there is evidence that there wasn't one.

Australia for example has the oldest, most infertile soils on the planet, it's interior hasn't been touched by saline water and lacks any sediment layers in it's geological timelines.

The Aboriginal people also were *very* good at record keeping via paintings and story telling... And they are the oldest still continuing civilization on Earth at potentially 40,000-80,000 years old, they might have mentioned such a flood considering they predate your religion?

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/22/asia/indigenous-australians-earths-oldest-civilization/index.html

Jumpin said:

3. When God said people could eat meat, people got out their guns and shot the biggest ones, sometimes just for fun!

My comment: it's true humans shot all the big ones with their ancient rifles. If you saw a critically endangered dinosaur, wouldn't you shoot it for fun? The guy in the video would. So do rich hollywood elites like Spielberg.

Guns were invented in 1364. We have this thing called "evidence".
Their invention doesn't align to your Noahs Ark "event".

https://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/technique/gun-timeline/

This just further reinforces how you are trying to shoehorn reason to try and make your religious stories more palatable and believable.

Jumpin said:

4. To believe in dinosaurs doesn't mean it's millions of years. It's just a few thousand. Dinosaurs and evolution don't go together.

My comment: Evolution favours survival of the fittest. Dinosaurs were very fit, and yet went extinct fairly easily by hunting. So how could they ever evolve without people hunting them to extinction? It's a paradox. Some of the dinosaurs, like the T-Rex survived, but they shed their legs for flippers and went back into the oceans so that humans could own the land. T-Rexes (pictured on the left) became Orcas (pictured on the right). Do these animals look like apex predators to you? They ate kelp.

It's Millions.

Radiometric Dating, Geological Dating... Carbon Dating is especially accurate as it is based on the natural radioactive decay of elements such as carbon or potassium as a clock of sorts to date items.

https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2010/09/research-shows-radiometric-dating-still-reliable-again

Jumpin said:

Don't be brainwashed by science or the left-wing media. Otherwise you might think the above video is somewhere between stupid and insane.

Or maybe because it is insane?

There is zero evidence your God exists... There is evidence Dinosaurs existed.
There is zero evidence that the creationist timeline as outlined in Genesis is even remotely accurate...

But we do have an idea of planetary formation, abiogensis, evolution and the big bang thanks to evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution - Which we can observe. I.E. The Fly test.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038716
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

The fact you are willing to discard science, evidence, facts, logic and reason in favor of an unproven fairy tale, is just baffling.
It's not a left-wing conspiracy. It's just facts.

At the end of the day YOU need to remember that *everyone* past, present and future was born as an Atheist, that is a lack of belief in your God.
It is only later in life that they are "converted/indoctrinated" to your belief system, which arguably has damaged progress around the world.

But here is a question for you...
There are thousands of Christian denominations, with a different perspective on your bible, how do you know you have the right interpretation?
I mean, if the Christians can't agree what the Bible means, how do you expect anyone else to believe?

Secondly... There are 12,000 Gods, how do we know you chose the right one? Faith? Which literally means blind belief without evidence?

Thirdly, what about the religion that the Christian Bible is based on? Why don't you believe that one instead which is actually an older religion? Aka. Judaism. Or maybe Islam?
I'll tell you why. You were raised in a Christian nation which lacked exposure to the other Abrahamic middle-eastern religions.

I am going to assume you are just trolling, but I had my fun... I don't expect a coherent, logical reply.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

How can people fall for the OP? He's obviously joking.

Sry Jumpin, I don't know how you could've done it more clear other than writing the words "this is a joke thread".

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Sry Jumpin, I don't know how you could've done it more clear other than writing the words "this is a joke thread".

Some people just have broken sarcasm detectors.

Barozi said:

Are you sure?

While I was at the University, I was the "Get him on the phone" guy when the Uri Geller crowd phoned in to tell their tales of bent spoons and clocks going again. Also Flat earthers etc nutjobs.

I can assure you these Creationists/Flat Earthers/etc morons (appart from the fact these people are completely immune to logic) can be found everywhere. And they operate on the "I'm not a Scientologist but.." principle. If they are not in their own territory, the usual "It was only a joke/It was only satire" line immediately folows.

drkohler said:
Barozi said:

Are you sure?

While I was at the University, I was the "Get him on the phone" guy when the Uri Geller crowd phoned in to tell their tales of bent spoons and clocks going again. Also Flat earthers etc nutjobs.

I can assure you these Creationists/Flat Earthers/etc morons (appart from the fact these people are completely immune to logic) can be found everywhere. And they operate on the "I'm not a Scientologist but.." principle. If they are not in their own territory, the usual "It was only a joke/It was only satire" line immediately folows.

I am 100% sure that he was not seriously suggesting that Dinosaurs were killed by ancient humans with guns. Or that Steven Spielberg shot a Triceratops. Ffs. Stop making us explain the joke. It ruins the whole thing.

drkohler said:
Barozi said:

Are you sure?

100%

"This is true. We've only found one fossilized skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. A 5 headed, 5 tailed, and 5 bodied giant lizard, except with only 1 head, 1 tail, and 1 body - 20% of the full beast."

That implies that he knows that there exists a full skeleton of a T-Rex. The joke is that it has 5 heads, tails and bodies to match the crazy statement of the video where only 20% of a skeleton has ever been found.

"It may sound like a lot, but we have 7.77 million species of animal alive, today, ignoring all the extinct ones. The ark could fit a lot. As you can see, millions of animals: [pic of the ark with dinos on board]"

With 7.77m species (I didn't check that number) that would mean 15.5m animals plus the extinct ones that were on the ark. Then he goes on to say that all could fit into it and he proves that by showing a cartoon picture of the ark being pretty much filled while only carrying 16 dinos.

I could go on.

People in this thread lacks ability to understand irony