By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sell-through expectations for the PlayStation 5 in 2022?

Sell-through expectations for the PlayStation 5 in 2022?

Less than 8 million 60 7.59%

8.0 - 9.9 million 20 2.53%

10.0 - 11.9 million 38 4.80%

12.0 - 13.9 million 66 8.34%

14.0 - 15.9 million 169 21.37%

16.0 - 17.9 million 164 20.73%

18.0 - 19.9 million 110 13.91%

20.0 - 21.9 million 70 8.85%

22.0 - 24.0 million 24 3.03%

More than 24 million 70 8.85%

Total:791
kazuyamishima said:
mjk45 said:

I need the names and addresses of those that voted less than 8 million, it is obvious that they aren't well and while at the moment their delusions only impact the reputation of us VGChartz posters so no damage at all, it may spread so once again I ask for info about their whereabouts so men in white coats who after the post Trump slump in the need for their services can once again be gainfully employed.

We have 1 (or more) users here in VGC claiming that 2021 was the peak year of the PS5.

He might know something we don’t.....

More likely he is taking something we aren't.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

16.5m, would do more without supply issues.

I'm going to guess 15.5M. I think that Xbox will continue bringing stiffer competition than the Xbox One did in 2015. Lastly, I think there will still be supply chain problems, which means the more Xbox consoles MS makes the less PS consoles Sony will be able to make. Therefore, I'm going to put my guess at about 15.5M sell through for PS, with the Xbox Series selling 9.5M sell through.

15ish million, due to supply constraints. It could be less. Unlikely to be much more, as we know the supply chain issues are unlikely to substantially improve for at least the first half of the year, probably longer.

Horizon FW

15 million units, if all goes well. I don't see them producing more as long as shortages continue. These shortages will probably continue to late 2023.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Between 15M and 17M, around 16M. I’d say because of the shortages and XBox competition there’s a slightly bigger chance it’ll fall at the lower end of that window so I’ll vote for the 14-15.9M option.

Bonus: Nothing really, I don’t see myself getting a next-gen system anytime soon. If ever, which would be the first time since, ever, that I only had the Nintendo system in a gen (Switch in this case).

I'm afraid 14-16 mil is the best they can muster because the supply problems don't seem to be letting up any time soon.
Bonus: GoW Ragnarok is da bomb for me, but there's so much more stuff to enjoy before that comes out.
It's just stupidly hard to get my hands on the machine. The retailers over here get small consignments sporadically, and they are gone from the online stores in 5-10 minutes.

18 million, fuck shortage.

17-18 million. I am expecting a much better stock situation past spring time. In fact it’s already started a little in Japan I think.

mM

I think it'll be around 14-15.9 million for the PS5 this year considering the semiconductor shortages still going on.