By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Demo time:

Drums rock: Another rhythm game. It works, played while seating behind a drum kit. Not my kind of music though and looks quite simple. Not for me.

Puzzling places: Very relaxing game, build a 3D puzzle in front of you or around you. Very satisfying when all the pieces start falling into place. Looks like an expensive hobby though as more puzzles are all sold separately. The base game has a good selection to keep you busy for a while and you can choose to divide each puzzle up in 25 pieces all the way to I assume 1000 (above 200 is locked in the demo). I did the Mont Saint Michel puzzle with 50 pieces, took me long enough lol.

It's a perfect 'game' for AR, would be cool if it worked over top of see through mode (although see through mode is B&W)
You can on Quest so maybe they'll add it as well for PSVR2.

Humanity: Honestly I did not expect much from this, it looks pretty bad on TV. In VR however the entire game is transformed and looks really good. It's a beta, they still need to make the cut scenes for VR Very jarring it switching between theater mode, huge ugly graphics, then back to having a detailed 3D model floating in front of you. From ugh that's hard to look at, it turned into a must buy for me. Lemmings in VR, it works!

Time to charge the sense controllers, need em full for RE: Village later tonight :)

Around the Network

On another note the 3D audio tech is finally paying off. Every traditional game I've tried with it I've barely noticed a difference but that difference is immediately apparent in VR.

Haha this is brilliant, bit better than me fumbling around with the piano :p (RE8)

I 'finished' Pistol Whip today, or rather played every song once. It still doesn't feel like a rhythm game to me, but it's a good workout, squat simulator lol. It's a cool game, looks great on PSVR2, but none of the music stood out to me for having a second go at a stage. It simply felt like shooting targets with a soundtrack, the correlation between shooting and the music never solidified. At most I had 70% rhythm score.

I played with the sound coming from my amplifier to turn it up and get some bass. Unfortunately it only outputs stereo with not even a lot of stereo in the music so 90% just came out of the center speaker. I set it to 5.1 channel stereo to at least feel like I was in the music. Played all the stages on hard, but with infinite ammo, one shot kills and targets instead of people. (just turns it into shapes that shoot at you). And also turned no death mode on so it wouldn't make me restart a stage. Didn't really need it, but it being on removed the worry of having to restart in case I screwed up. The only times it came in use is when I was standing too far forward which somehow makes you hit all the obstacles despite clearly dodging them from your pov.

The constant "back to center" warnings were annoying, and if not moving back in time, paused, "move back to your original position". Don't make me dodge so many things and not allow me to move around! Very immersion breaking, but it did save my TV from damage :) One time the game paused and the see through mode came on with me right in front of the tv lol. Boundary area works!

Anyway good workout, dress light ;) Great when you can't get warm, do a bit of this or Kayak VR. However once Beat Saber gets upgraded, Pistol Whip will go to the bottom of the pile.

Synthriders looks interesting as another active game, maybe I'll try it. Not sure yet, no demo, need to hear some of the music first.

Just played Thumper for the first time. Absolutely trippy!

Around the Network

I saw a video about "The Dark Pictures - Switchback VR", and it was a very cool feature, where if you blink, the monsters get closer to you. That is a nice use of eye tracking. I wonder what else they will do with it over the run. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Crazy to see how VR is evolving.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I saw a video about "The Dark Pictures - Switchback VR", and it was a very cool feature, where if you blink, the monsters get closer to you. That is a nice use of eye tracking. I wonder what else they will do with it over the run. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

There's another interesting game that incorporates blinking called Before Your Eyes.  Apparently, you're doing trivial things (in the walking sim vein) but every blink jumps you forward in time.  Could be seconds, minutes, or even months per blink.  It's been on PC a couple years, so I wonder how it'll translate to VR.

coolbeans said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

There's another interesting game that incorporates blinking called Before Your Eyes.  Apparently, you're doing trivial things (in the walking sim vein) but every blink jumps you forward in time.  Could be seconds, minutes, or even months per blink.  It's been on PC a couple years, so I wonder how it'll translate to VR.

I don't know this game, but from what I saw, it could work the same way as Switchback VR, or similar.

coolbeans said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Conina said:
coolbeans said:

*eyes turning red and tears streaming down your face*

"You don't understand!  I have to preserve this moment!"