By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

twintail said:

This could be great if true. 

God of War 2018 would be really awesome. And Death Stranding could great aswell. Helldivers 2 in VR is probably super chaotic, but I would be here for it.

Around the Network

I love my PSVR2 it makes GT 7 like the most realistic driving simulator ever made.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

I love my PSVR2 it makes GT 7 like the most realistic driving simulator ever made.

Is that the only game you are using it for because I am really not a fan of driving games.  Anybody else has any game that really make this purchase worth the investment.  I did like the Horizon demo and thought about getting it but nothing else really has grab me.  I wish there were more demos to try and it seems Sony involvement with the device has dried up.

Machiavellian said:
hellobion2 said:

Is that the only game you are using it for because I am really not a fan of driving games.  Anybody else has any game that really make this purchase worth the investment.  I did like the Horizon demo and thought about getting it but nothing else really has grab me.  I wish there were more demos to try and it seems Sony involvement with the device has dried up.

I think it's disappointing that Sony doesn't at least have an experience mode for some of their games: basically, being able to just walk around the world in VR. 

Not saying this is an ideal use of VR, but it's something. 

Machiavellian said:
hellobion2 said:

What games are you into?

I've spend most of my time with PSVR2 on Puzzling Places, Synthriders, RE8, RE4, TWD S&S 1+2, GT7 and Cyube VR.

Moss was amazing as well, much better on PSVR2.
Ven a decent substitute for Astrobot, platformer
The last Clockwinder, unique puzzle game where you mocap yourself to make a production chain out of little robots
The 7th Guest, great puzzle game with great atmosphere
Pistol Whip is fun as well

And many more. Horizon looks stunning, but a lot of people don't expect it to focus 90% on climbing.

There are multiplayer shooters like Pavlov as well, not really my thing. Many more shooters like Synapse (with eye tracked controlled psychic powers), Vertigo and AZ2. Lot of escape room games

And there's No Man's Sky of course, endless play.

I could play Puzzling Places, Cyube VR and GT7 for the rest of the generation and be happy with PSVR2. It's been more than worth the price of entry already.

Still looking forward to Aces of Thunder, Madison VR and Metro Awakening.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

What games are you into?

I've spend most of my time with PSVR2 on Puzzling Places, Synthriders, RE8, RE4, TWD S&S 1+2, GT7 and Cyube VR.

Moss was amazing as well, much better on PSVR2.
Ven a decent substitute for Astrobot, platformer
The last Clockwinder, unique puzzle game where you mocap yourself to make a production chain out of little robots
The 7th Guest, great puzzle game with great atmosphere
Pistol Whip is fun as well

And many more. Horizon looks stunning, but a lot of people don't expect it to focus 90% on climbing.

There are multiplayer shooters like Pavlov as well, not really my thing. Many more shooters like Synapse (with eye tracked controlled psychic powers), Vertigo and AZ2. Lot of escape room games

And there's No Man's Sky of course, endless play.

I could play Puzzling Places, Cyube VR and GT7 for the rest of the generation and be happy with PSVR2. It's been more than worth the price of entry already.

Still looking forward to Aces of Thunder, Madison VR and Metro Awakening.

I am pretty much action and adventure.  FPS, RPGs, third person games.  Not into that much puzzle or driving games while I find them ok, its not something I would actually purchase for the experience.

Synapse looked interesting but it appeared very short and for the price, I wanted a demo to tryout first before purchase.  The last RE game caught my interest as well but as I did find the demo ok.  I played way to much NO Man Sky so not really interested in doing it in VR.

Machiavellian said:

I am pretty much action and adventure.  FPS, RPGs, third person games.  Not into that much puzzle or driving games while I find them ok, its not something I would actually purchase for the experience.

Synapse looked interesting but it appeared very short and for the price, I wanted a demo to tryout first before purchase.  The last RE game caught my interest as well but as I did find the demo ok.  I played way to much NO Man Sky so not really interested in doing it in VR.

I have the same 'problem' with NMS, already played it way too much and then in co-op on PSVR1. Kinda done with it now.

It will be hard to find a long FPS unless it's procedural. Here is an old list of FPS games
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/16f5u2y/which_one_is_the_best_psvr2_shooter/
Vertigo and Arizona Sunshine 2 are newer releases, but also not that long.

There aren't a lot of RPGs but Legendary Tales was received well. It's a bit souls like, not short, but enemies can be quite repetitive. If you get into the game play loop you'll enjoy it, but no demo afaik.

RE4R is considered the best shooter, RE8 not far behind (but a lot less action)
Maybe Metro Awakening will take the crown

But no solid release date yet

Ven is 3rd person, it's a platformer though. No 3rd person shooters or RPGs that I know of. Ven doesn't seem all that long but is old style hard and unforgiving. Lot of difficult sequences to get right. I got distracted by the next game before finishing it.

SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

I have the same 'problem' with NMS, already played it way too much and then in co-op on PSVR1. Kinda done with it now.

It will be hard to find a long FPS unless it's procedural. Here is an old list of FPS games
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/16f5u2y/which_one_is_the_best_psvr2_shooter/
Vertigo and Arizona Sunshine 2 are newer releases, but also not that long.

There aren't a lot of RPGs but Legendary Tales was received well. It's a bit souls like, not short, but enemies can be quite repetitive. If you get into the game play loop you'll enjoy it, but no demo afaik.

RE4R is considered the best shooter, RE8 not far behind (but a lot less action)
Maybe Metro Awakening will take the crown

But no solid release date yet

Ven is 3rd person, it's a platformer though. No 3rd person shooters or RPGs that I know of. Ven doesn't seem all that long but is old style hard and unforgiving. Lot of difficult sequences to get right. I got distracted by the next game before finishing it.

Thanks a lot.  I know I am going to get something so I did hear that Synapse gameplay loop is fun and I do not mind short games, it just depends on the price.  I like games I can jump into for an hour get a good time and drop out without having to commit to it so that is probably going to be my first real purchase.  I will try humanity again as I did enjoy it but long puzzel games I find it hard to stay focused with.

Machiavellian said:

Thanks a lot.  I know I am going to get something so I did hear that Synapse gameplay loop is fun and I do not mind short games, it just depends on the price.  I like games I can jump into for an hour get a good time and drop out without having to commit to it so that is probably going to be my first real purchase.  I will try humanity again as I did enjoy it but long puzzel games I find it hard to stay focused with.

I still have to finish Humanity. The puzzles are all relatively short but there are a lot of them. It switches up the game play between stages so it's not all the same. It's a game to get back to now and then, in one sitting it will get repetitive.

I did the same with the Seventh Guest, solve a room a night.