By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Switchback VR, skip it if you're still on the fence. The issues run much deeper than the troubled presentation. I'm in the Penoticon level now, 2/3rds of the way ish and the gameplay just falls completely flat.

From not knowing how to proceed, nor the game giving any hint

Terrible game design as you can't even see what you might have to aim at once the fire starts. I figured it out after watching the recording :/ (shoot the yellow thing sticking out the bar which rotates it and err done)

To utter boring boss fights, which still insta killed me when the acid hit after missing the handles a couple times dealing with the other stuff. And every time that infernal loading screen, I'm still in the same room ffs

Even the wonderful sound design seems to have giving up. Was amazing in the first few levels to be replaced with mostly silence.

At 8:40 I get to another don't blink section. So I don't blink. Literally nothing happens, the game just waits for you to blink.
At 15:15 in the video I finally decide to blink. You can't see it in the video obviously so I shoot the ceiling twice then blink and you can see what happens. More boredom lol. Finally after repeated blinks some stuff happens.

After that's finally done, at 19:40 in I get to drive through a ripoff of House Beneviento (for the second time) which is just silly and annoying in Switchback, not scary in the slightest.

Dunno how it went so wrong. I'll replay the early levels as they were still fun game-play wise with amazing sound editing. Yet the second half introduces bad puzzles, pacing gets worse and worse, sound editor has given up and is simply boring to play.

This is what scary fun looks like, gonna play some more now

Around the Network

I finished Switchback last night and luckily the last bit does get better. The final boss fight is much better polished and flows well, was fun again. There's also another section that works more like 'red light green light', look away and they move. Much more scary since you can't look left and right at the same time and shooting the one moving behind you while staring down the crowd in front of you is not easy! So lot of of looking back and forth shooting the closest one.

Then you get a faster roller coaster ride while getting to shoot the credits. I played that like Pistol Whip on the beat of the music. The end credits were better than the whole Doomed hotel level (Which is what the gameplay is from in my previous post)

I did start another play-through, the beginning is much better. Not quite sure how you start a new ride, I've been replaying levels as it said when choosing a new ride all progress will be wiped including high-scores ??? When I pressed continue ride the game crashed on the second loading screen... (And I lost all the footage I was waiting to save, annoying increment saving on PS5, just let me save the whole thing instead of "you haven't played that long yet" with options that cut off the start)

It would be nice to see the other paths but it doesn't tell you which forks you already did in the level, so have to study the map first, if you can figure out how to get it (journey so far just shows the last level). This game needed a whole lot more play testing before release. Yet there's room to turn it into a good game.

I ordered one of these today so I can play at night without having all the lights on
https://www.amazon.ca/AUTENS-Illuminator-Waterproof-Infrared-Surveillance/dp/B07S9VRQ7F/ref=sr_1_2
Then no one can see you, but pass through mode works like night vision camera :)

Some gruesome clips from TWD S&S

Still playing the Last Clockwinder, fun 'mocap' puzzles

And Puzzling places still going strong

I finished TWD: Saints and Sinners Chapter 1. 6/10 game in the end. Fun in VR but even with the added immersion the glitches started getting on my nerves well before the end. If you like dying because of slapstick glitches, then this is the game to get! It ranges from NPCs restarting conversations over and over, conversations overlapping, enemies half sunk in the ground / spawned on top of each other, odd spawn bugs, glitchy quests, below average gunplay. And despite offering more 'interactivity' than RE8, you can't even cut the rope at the end in the church. Gets repetitive fast, even in VR. But still a cool experience.

On to chapter 2 (which I likely would not have bought had I not gotten it as a bundle)

RE8 is still the king by far on PSVR2, followed by GT7, CotM and Puzzling Places.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 27 March 2023

DonFerrari said:
Conina said:

Today I ordered prescription lenses for the PSVR2 headset from VR Optician.

please give us the feadback once you get it. If it works that is just fantastic news.

The prescription lenses arrived today in a stable and snappy case. Clipping them over the VR lenses was quite easy.

The PSVR2 headset rests now much more comfortable on my face than with normal glasses underneath it, the field of view is also a bit bigger than before. And it its much easier for me now to keep the sweetspot where everything in the eyes' focus is sharp.

The €85 (shipping and taxes included) are totally worth it! And people with less diopters will get a set of these lenses for 60 - 70 $/€.

I highly recommend them!

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/03/31/creed-rise-to-glory-championship-edition-packs-a-punch-of-new-content-on-ps-vr2-out-april-4/

CREED PSVR2 updates:

• Endurance mode: By removing the virtual stamina system, your character only gets tired when you’re tired, resulting in a more intense and realistic bout.
  • Fitness mode: allow you to meet your personal calorie or time targets, and build a training regimen that best fits your needs
  • PvP mode: cross-platform play, so you can go tit-for-tat against Meta Quest 2 opponents
  • New arenas, costumes, characters: 3 new arenas, 8 new characters, and a costume system with nearly 100 looks

Around the Network
twintail said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/03/31/creed-rise-to-glory-championship-edition-packs-a-punch-of-new-content-on-ps-vr2-out-april-4/

CREED PSVR2 updates:

• Endurance mode: By removing the virtual stamina system, your character only gets tired when you’re tired, resulting in a more intense and realistic bout.
  • Fitness mode: allow you to meet your personal calorie or time targets, and build a training regimen that best fits your needs
  • PvP mode: cross-platform play, so you can go tit-for-tat against Meta Quest 2 opponents
  • New arenas, costumes, characters: 3 new arenas, 8 new characters, and a costume system with nearly 100 looks

I played the original. Found it fun.  So I'm interested.

May not have the space for it though...

You are bound to love Earthbound.

The infrared light I ordered arrived a couple days ago. I set it up in a corner shining up at the ceiling, reflecting around the room. It works great. No need to turn the lights on when it gets dark. Back to low ambient light at night with the IR flood light providing plenty brightness for tracking.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S9VRQ7F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Cool night vision mode, see through mode shows a bright room.

Just as a heads up and because I want to vent some frustration: wanted to play RE8 all week, finaly get to it, cannot play the beginning in vr. What!? Okay, am playing the beginning section to where the demo started. Still not in VR WHAT?!?!?!

There is an add on to download. It is not automatic. You have to go down in the ps main screen to add ons to re8. There is the vr mode. Just shy of 800 mb. 10 min left. Why in the world is this not an automatic download when I start the game with the vr headset on?

Doh, somehow my puzzling places save corrupted and disappeared. I start the game today and I get greeted by the tutorial, all progress gone. Last cloud save was March 6th :/ Oh well, doesn't really matter, just annoying the 400 piece puzzle I was working on reset. Extra realism, kid bumped over the table and the puzzle fell on the floor lol.

I finished The Last Clockwinder today. Very fun game but it has a weird glitch. Just in this game, and only while in the actual puzzle area, the view slowly rotates to the left. It's so slow you only notice it when popping the psn quick menu up, which appears to be slowly drifting to the right. Now I get why I always ended up facing in a different direction / place after a while, automatically compensating for the game drift. Very weird, and I don't see it in any other games.

Anyway great puzzles, lot of fun setting up a mocap factory. Just beware you need some room to play this game to its full potential, can't play it sitting, and due to the drift, make sure you don't walk into things irl :/ What first seems a safe direction to walk in in game might not be 10 minutes later...

Does the PSVR2 already support VR videos?

The first 12K video was released yesterday

Spoiler!