By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite game(s) that time forgot

For me:

Fatal Frame 4. The fact it was foolishly only released in Japan contributes a lot to this, but I really feel it's one of the finest horror games I have ever played, with a powerful atmosphere, genuine scariness, and a poignant undercurrent of melancholy. One of my favourite games on Wii.

The Last Story. Localization also played a role in this one not getting the exposure it deserved, but it's also a Wii classic that seems largely forgotten. It has one of my favourite battle systems in a JPRG, charming characters, a wonderful score, and a refreshing lack of cringe.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. A fantastic rollercoaster ride of slick arcade goodness, bursting at the seams with energy and dynamism and a showcase for how amazing pointer aiming can be when done right.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I really enjoyed this one. It had really effective atmosphere and storytelling, clever and enjoyable use of the Wiimote, some of the best graphics on Wii, and it was genuinely scary. At a time when it was rare for third party games on Wii to actually try, this one felt like it had real effort behind it.

Starfox 1993. Almost always overlooked in favour of its more lavish N64 successor, the SNES original is still an excellent space epic with awesome bosses, fantastic music, and a very well balanced level of challenge. It's also a watershed technological milestone in the home console space that I feel actually holds up better than the 3D of the N64 era thanks to its simple flat shaded polygons mixed with appealing 16-bit sprite work.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Vagrant story
Wing commader 4
Hogs of war

Yes Vagrant story and Parasite Eve that now leads me to wanting sequels and in Eve's case a proper jrpg sequel rather than the okay resident evil style Parasite Eve 2 or the psp 3rd person action game.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Scary4Eva said:

Gex
Croc
Radiata Stories
Steambot Chronicles
Primal
Golden Sun
Spirits & Spells
Indigo Prophecy
Octodad
Shadow Hearts
Arc The Lad
Epic Mickey
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Okage: Shadow King
Eternal Darkness
Summoner
Bbaten Kaitos

Yes Summoner especially the second game although the first one did have this

Last edited by mjk45 - on 04 January 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Dragon Ball Z Infinite World
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
Spider Man 2
Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia
Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku 2
Smack Down vs Raw 2006
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Sonic Advance
Ratchet and Clank PS2

There's a reason I don't put Skies of Arcadia and Burning rangers and Panzer Dragon Saga , and Dragon Force it's because gamestores know of these series and the majority of people keep asking Sega so noone forgot about these series including others I still havent mentioned like the shining series which the psp boards rave.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Harvest Moon Back to Nature

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Not sure if it counts, but Vigilante 8 (and the sequel too). I don't see many people talk about it. Great game.

To add a few:

Ninja Shadow of Darkness (probably didn't age well but loved it as a kid, it was pretty challenging).

Auto Modellista (dat artstyle)

Some Disney games on SNES/MegaDrive

Shadow of Memories (fitting name :P)

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time (lol I swear it's a coincidence)

Edit:

And of course Ring of Red. Thanks mjk45.

Edit #99

Speed Kings and MX Unleashed. Looks like some of my favorite forgotten games are also forgotten in my own mind, poor things.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 04 January 2022

QUAKECore89 said:

*looks at my quality collection*

Sigh

Legacy of Kain series used to be popular franchise between PS1 to PS2 era, but ultimately it's forgotten and unfinished story telling.

Oasis series or known as The Story of Thor series in Europe. Uh oh... lmao.

Golden Axe series, last releases was Beast Rider. Goddamn, it was trainwreck and the IP died here.

Here's me Playing Sega's Legend of Oasis in 2020 it is sort of known by rpg enthusiast including Sega's Magic Knight Rayearth on EBay which everybody knows about Goldenaxe got ported to alot of things though loved the game

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

I wouldn't put Sega's Planet Harrier since it's in the same space harrier series and people talk about that , Here's a game noone talks about Sega early SG 1000 game by Yuji Naka the cocreator of Sonic the Hedgehog , Game is Called Girl's garden this one time forgot about not even Sega's Fighting vipers could touch it since Fighting Vipers been ported to Xbox 360/PS3 but girls garden is forever stuck on Sega's first console Sg - 1000 , there are many more games beyond the hiddem gem realm once posted in this thread everybody would be like what game is that I never heard of it before?

curl-6 said:

Starfox 1993. Almost always overlooked in favour of its more lavish N64 successor, the SNES original is still an excellent space epic with awesome bosses, fantastic music, and a very well balanced level of challenge. It's also a watershed technological milestone in the home console space that I feel actually holds up better than the 3D of the N64 era thanks to its simple flat shaded polygons mixed with appealing 16-bit sprite work.

ireadtabloids:

If they had access to the Super FX chip they were using for DOOM and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s island two years later then I feel that game would have captured the attention of a lot more people.

The frame rate cost of the first version of the chip they created made the game a bit more challenging for me to play and get into.

Will be amazing if anyone manages to get Starfox SNES working at the higher frame rate with the later SuperFX chip without that frame rate increase affecting the speed the on rails levels play at.