By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite game(s) that time forgot

The first game that comes to my mind is Eternal Darkness on Gamecube. I would love if Nintendo resurrected this game and created a series.

Around the Network

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. I’m not even gonna say it’s a good game, but I loved it and for whatever reason, it stuck with me to this very day! I love the character Croc and I still think about those fuzzy little orange bits and hope they’re all ok <3 (I should get out more…)

Last edited by Majora - on 04 January 2022

MAny Sega IP's from Sega still ignores except Sonic , Persona , and Yakuza main focus but some few do get a modern release like amagical virtual on and Phantasy Star Online 2 Etc.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Vagrant story
Wing commader 4
Hogs of war

00Xander00 said:

Klonoa Series
Kirby Air Ride (City Trail Mode part of the game)
Dragonball Z: Bid for Power (Fanmade PC game if it counts)
Space Station: Silicon Valley
Samurai Jack (Gamecube)
Terranigma (I don't know if time has forgotten this treasure, but the reason why I put it on this list is because it's an amazing game that never got released in America but if it did, it would have had a renowned impact and would have been remembered in the same way as the likes Chrono Trigger & Secret of Mana did)

(Time has sorta forgotten these below to any young generations of gamers but but I'm sure they'll still be in the hearts of millions)
Worms
Lemmings

There will be more games that I can't think of atm.

Got me in the feels about Klonoa.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

The Beginner’s Guide

Its from the same person who made the Stanley Parable but very few played it in comparison and it got mixed reviews upon release and dubbed as just “a walking simulator”. But its truly one of the best artistic experiences in general in the past decade and rly needs the attention it deserves

00Xander00 said:

I love this game. One of the N64's greatest hidden gems, along with Beetle Adventure Racing.

Illusion said:

Turok series

Definitely in the way of new games, but with the first two games remastered by Nightdive in the last few years (and a chance they'll do some of the others too), I don't think they're forgotten about.

drbunnig said:
00Xander00 said:

I love this game. One of the N64's greatest hidden gems, along with Beetle Adventure Racing.

Illusion said:

Turok series

Definitely in the way of new games, but with the first two games remastered by Nightdive in the last few years (and a chance they'll do some of the others too), I don't think they're forgotten about.

As for racing games on N64 besides Beetle Adventure , I nominate Extreme G there's more but this one sticks out the most I want ported to Switch Online or atleast someone port this to Nintendo Eshop

KratosLives said:

Vagrant story
Wing commader 4
Hogs of war

Hogs of war is also my pick - did not think anybody else would mention it. Me and my brother played probably for 100s of hours. Never really multiplayer, but the campaign was excellent! Such a fun game.

And the little things the hogs say before firing a gun, or before dying always made me laugh with their accents. Such an endearing game. And yet quite hard towards the end. Or at least it felt that way in the 90s, earl 2000s. Really sone incredibly fond memories.

Another great early PC game was the Even More Incredible Machine.

There was a modern sequel made called Contraption Maker that started brightly, but didn’t have the long term success it hoped for.  Worth a look.