By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Nears 100M, PS5 Tops 16M - Global Hardware Dec 4 to 11

aTokenYeti said:

Some people (well, one guy who was getting thumbsed up) in the main page story for this week’s sales charts seem to think that VGChartz is artificially boosting Xbox numbers. That seems incredibly silly to me.

I haven’t been here long but I’m sure this has happened before? “Console I don’t like is selling better than I think it should so therefore VGChartz has an agenda”. People need to not get too emotionally invested in these companies

Some people are dumb.

Around the Network

Before I said this will be the first year since 2012 that the hardware total goes above 50 million but now it seems it'll either barely make it or barely not make it. And that means until early February there will be no way to know for sure either way.

Norion said:

Before I said this will be the first year since 2012 that the hardware total goes above 50 million but now it seems it'll either barely make it or barely not make it. And that means until early February there will be no way to know for sure either way.

Aren't there three more weeks for the year, and they need what, six million collectively?

I feel like Xbox + PS5 + Switch can average 2 million a week until January, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Looks like Switch will finish the year somewhere in the 25m-26m range.

People whining that their favourite brand is being undertracked and the rival brands are being overtracked is a tradition as old as VGChartz itself.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Norion said:

Aren't there three more weeks for the year, and they need what, six million collectively?

I feel like Xbox + PS5 + Switch can average 2 million a week until January, but perhaps I'm wrong.

They could pull it off, it just doesn't look guaranteed anymore which in a way adds intrigue to see if happens or not.

Norion said:
Dulfite said:

They could pull it off, it just doesn't look guaranteed anymore which in a way adds intrigue to see if happens or not.

All comes down to how many they could manufacture in time, I suppose.

Exciting! Next week Switch passes 100m to become the 7th member of that club, and the following week just in time for Christmas Switch will pass the Wii. And it could close out the year by passing the PS1.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I could have sworn somebody tried telling you that a couple months ago……..who was that?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9328104

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I could have sworn somebody tried telling you that a couple months ago……..who was that?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9328104

Well, that was before Nintendo adjusted their forecast downward.  That gave us all an idea of just how severe the chip shortage would be.  From what I can tell you were running that forecast without taking the chip shortage into account (which means you were predicting too low).  Or did you have a method of taking the shortage into account before Nintendo adjusted their forecast downward?