By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Data analyst Ampere: Xbox Series X/S sales at 6.7 million by Sep 30th, S outselling X in key markets

SKMBlake said:
Zippy6 said:

Ampere Analysis Insights

They claim this is the sell-through as of September 30th 2021:

• Switch family - 89.7 million
  • PS5 family - 12.8 million
  • Xbox Series family - 6.7 million

VGC Numbers for Oct 2nd

Switch - 91.5m (1.8m over)
PS5 - 12.77m (about same)
Xbox Series - 7.72m (1m over)

How can they think there are 3 million Switches sitting on shelves ?

Considering the shipment number of 92.87m includes OLED models and the week after VGC's number is OLED launch where Switch sold a whopping 800k I do think VGC might be slightly over-tracking Switch, but 89.7m seems crazy to me.

Around the Network
Kjartan said:

Is XS overtracked on Vgchartz? Such a shame Microsoft doesn't provide numbers.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this and pretending not to, or if they really believe it.

We should ignore their Switch numbers because those are obviously wrong. The PS5 numbers should be reported in such a way that produces the most positive outlook to help the declining moral of the playstation crowd. The Xbox numbers should be adjusted way down because that just makes the most sense, not to mention it will help to put a damper on all that positivity that oozes from their side. Xbox doesn't report numbers anyways so who knows what the actual numbers are.

In summary:
Post the best Switch numbers
Adjust PS5 to best possible light
Crush Xbox

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Kjartan said:

Is XS overtracked on Vgchartz? Such a shame Microsoft doesn't provide numbers.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this and pretending not to, or if they really believe it.

Believe what ? That it is overtracked ?

These figures are entirely possible and if so it would mean Switch and Series S/X are overtracked by quite a bit.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

We should ignore their Switch numbers because those are obviously wrong. The PS5 numbers should be reported in such a way that produces the most positive outlook to help the declining moral of the playstation crowd. The Xbox numbers should be adjusted way down because that just makes the most sense, not to mention it will help to put a damper on all that positivity that oozes from their side. Xbox doesn't report numbers anyways so who knows what the actual numbers are.

In summary:
Crush Xbox

Need the numbers to sooth the pain of a lack of holiday playstation games.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 November 2021

我是广州人

Do they have last gen data? What do their estimates compare to aligned last gen?

SKMBlake said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

VGC numbers. A lot of people seem to believe in it.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
SKMBlake said:

VGC numbers. A lot of people seem to believe in it.

VGC numbers make sense when you do the math on MS Revenue numbers but those are shipments so it depends on how much they actually sell through.

Ashadelo said:
DroidKnight said:

In summary:
Crush Xbox

Need the numbers to sooth the pain of a lack of holiday playstation games.

I know..who cares about numbers. The only necessary data is how many miles ran. Planes crashed. Bullets shot. Games left on idle while taking a dump. Wishes of gamers wanting other platforms games to come to theirs. The important metrics. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.