By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

A fighting game. That part’s easy. Now for the combo. Is it Street Fighter IV?

Yes that it is. Down forward punch is just hadouken, so just spam that and noobs can't even move. I would know, because I had it happen to me haha.

Particularly Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, I enjoyed the most.

Hah, then I presumed correctly. I remembered from Street Fighter 2 the hadouken combo so I thought that’s probably it.

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

More hints.
#38: There is a level where a dog swallows a key you need to progress and you need to chase and catch it to get the key back.

Hint 2: In the same level there is a flight of stairs that feels like it's going on forever and that likes to get slippery sometimes.

Isn’t this Luigi’s Mansion 2?

Around the Network
kenjab said:

39 - Axiom Verge

37 - Demon's Souls

35 - Final Fantasy IX

32 - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Edited to add #37, 32 guesses

All four are correct! 37 is more Demon's Souls Remastered (The quality of life improvements and graphical enhancements bring it up to this list, without them it might be, uh, not there) 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

S.Peelman said:
Kakadu18 said:

Hint 2: In the same level there is a flight of stairs that feels like it's going on forever and that likes to get slippery sometimes.

Isn’t this Luigi’s Mansion 2?

Right again.

GoOnKid said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

39 - Super Mario Bros 3?

Completely missed this, but no

Edit: Forgot that this had already been guessed. It was The Last of Us

Kakadu18 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Nope

Are there more than two games already remade from that series?

For the series of 37? Yes, the second remake is over a decade old and there have been a couple afterwards.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

#48: blocks

Kakadu18 said:

#46: BLOCKS

#36: Blocks

I was maybe a bit misleading here.

#36: The other popular block game.

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
Kakadu18 said:

Are there more than two games already remade from that series?

For the series of 37? Yes, the second remake is over a decade old and there have been a couple afterwards.

Well then I don't know.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

Hint 3: The series in question is Tales of

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake REmake 2

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series.

Hint 2: This game is over a decade old. The series is over 2 decades.

36) First the depths, now the skies.

35) The Japanese and NA boxart(s) feature the protagonist. The European ones, an infamous enemy in the game.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

Boom Blox, that was popular for a month or two.

Signature goes here!

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Hint 3: The series in question is Tales of

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake REmake 2

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series.

Hint 2: This game is over a decade old. The series is over 2 decades.

36) First the depths, now the skies.

35) The Japanese and NA boxart(s) feature the protagonist. The European ones, an infamous enemy in the game.

#37: maybe Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSiver?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

As nobody seems to give it a serious try (no, I don't count BoomBlox as serious) I say Minecraft.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]