By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

UnderwaterFunktown said:

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

41. Pretty sure it's Celeste

39. Going out on a limb here: The last of us part 2?

37.. Still taking a wild guess: Zelda Skyward Sword?

Runa216 said:

46 - This latest entry in a long-running series is a prime example of good platforming game design, but some people find it stale. I think it's possibly the best designed entry into its series (not my fave, though.)
45 - Witty woman goes in, homocidal psycho robot comes out.

46. Super Mario Odyssey?

45. I'm feeling bold today, guessing games I never played: Nier Automata?

Last edited by Supermario28 - on 21 November 2021

Around the Network
Supermario28 said:
Hint 1: The final Boss of this game is.... Baby Bowser
Hint 2: Not yoshi's Island nor Yoshi's wooly world, but close

Edit @drbunnig : incorrect

I guess we'll have to work through the series... Yoshi's Story?

drbunnig said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

I'd guess one of these is the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Well it's cheating a little to guess for both, but yes 38 is RE2make. RE remakes haven't been as evenly split over the years compared to 39, with RE 2 and 3 remakes only a year apart and long after the first

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Darashiva said:
mZuzek said:

#40 - The protagonist has a notebook and draws just about everything that happens in the game, from major events to random things.

Uncharted? 

UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

43: Symphony of the Night

41: Journey

43 is right indeed. Surprised it took this long for someone to get it.

41 isn't it

Supermario28 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

41) Yup that's mountain climbing game I was looking for

39) Nope, I don't think I would quite say that for TLOU part 2.

37) Nope. The series for 37 is remakeking games from 1 and up and it's all remakes, no remasters.

Around the Network

Let's try this again. Hint #4.

• Set in Phantasma.
  • The main character is a knight of the church.
  • The third and final game in this sub-series of a long running JRPG franchise.
  • The first two games were set in the Kingdom of Liberl.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Supermario28 said:

41) Yup that's mountain climbing game I was looking for

39) Nope, I don't think I would quite say that for TLOU part 2.

37) Nope. The series for 37 is remakeking games from 1 and up and it's all remakes, no remasters.

#37: Fire Emblem Echoes?

Darashiva said:

• Set in Phantasma.

I don't know much about the Trails series (must dive into it at some point), but it kinda fits. Looking into it, it seems this is Trails of the Sky, well number 3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

• Set in Phantasma.

I don't know much about the Trails series (must dive into it at some point), but it kinda fits. Looking into it, it seems this is Trails of the Sky, well number 3.

Correct. Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

#39: I don't know why Supermario added part 2, as the original TLOU was at the end of PS3s life.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]