By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Machina said:
Supermario28 said:

I have a little spare time so let's start this!

50. Add an F to the first letter of both words composing the name of the game and you get the organization the main charcater works for. It's an N64 game

49. This videogame Superstar got his castle stolen by his cousin and has to find a number of "keys" to open the door of the castle and take it back

48. I played this game in french and I realized that the name of an unplayable charcater was changed in the french version compared to the english version. Strangely enough, both names sound very french. it's the last installment of the franchise

47. This game released on two consoles. The two releases were 7 years apart and the latest release saw some levels and features added. The franchise got a spin-off recently 

46. The final Boss of this game is.... Baby Bowser

#47 - Resident Evil?

Kakadu18 said:

#40: The series entries are all numbered with Roman numerals.

#39: You're on a mission. During this mission you'll shoot alot of bad guys who mostly speak a language I am personally very familiar with, mostly from a very far distance, preferably while hidden. It's set during a historic event.

#40 - Civilization? III, IV, V, or VI ^^

Yes, it's VI. I had more hints lined up, but you got it right.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 20 November 2021

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Metafee said:

Time for the next game!

#41 - It's About a Red haired girl and her giant sentient sword. Made by a developer that recently got a lot more popular due to their latest hit.

#41 - Transistor.

A shit, that I did actually play and it has a sentient sword. I didn't thought of it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Guessed by coolbeans

'Star Wars Rebel Assault II' was a life changing game for me. This game introduced me to Star Wars, and it was also the very first game I ever played on a home computer. I had played some games before on my aunt's NES and SNES, but it wasn't until my new stepfather got home with an absolutely massive box (it was like, a cubic metre of cardboard I'm not even kidding) holding a brand new PowerPC Mac, that I finally played something with a keyboard and mouse. Though, for Rebel Assault we also had a clunky joystick.

Still though, besides the personal meaning the game's also just fun. I'd definitely still recommend it. It's a fairly short rail shooter, that does have high replay value because of its variety in levels. There's shooting levels and flying levels in various perspectives. In between, live action cutscenes tell a light but fun story befitting the Star Wars universe through great dialogue. The live action scenes are something else, this was during a great era where more games had this, and one was even more cinematic than the other. The game starts with a cutscene introducing none other than Darth Vader. Or well, to me he was introduced, because Darth Vader turning around to face the camera in front of a starfield is the first thing I ever saw of him. And I'll never forget the awe.

mZuzek said:

Surprised no one got this after that last post. I thought it was a cryptic hint but S.Peelman put it on a plate, so I guess I'll go ahead and make it even more obvious.

#41 - Instead of walking up the stairs to the left before the boss, in this game you go up the stairs to the right.
Hint 2 - It's not Castlevania.

I'm confused now lol.

50 - Joe & Mac (I don't think anyone guessed this one but I posted it already on the main thingie.)
49 - This Controversial entry in a long-running series garnered plenty of criticism, likening it to Britan's exit from the EU
48 - This is the kind of game that's really only worth whatever you put into it and has a HUGE following on Youtube to this day.
47 - This sequel is what reignited my love for Rush and Megadeth.
- Something like 80% of this game's content was completely redone and available to play on two games higher in this list.
46 - This latest entry in a long-running series is a prime example of good platforming game design, but some people find it stale. I think it's possibly the best designed entry into its series (not my fave, though.)
45 - Witty woman goes in, homocidal psycho robot comes out.
44 - This sequel is what re-re ignited my love for Rush and Dream Theater
43 - you can kill Sasquatch, but it's not a triumphant kill.
42 - For the first time in this series, you can play a full campaign as the cooler, redder character instead of the blue boy with lemons. You could play as them in an earlier entry, but selectively.
41 - "un forastero!" *Throws an axe at you*
40 - Inspired by Ninja Gaiden, this linear 8-bit platformer turns into a 16 bit metroidvania around the halfway mark with Link to the Past inspired world swapping.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

50 - Joe & Mac (I don't think anyone guessed this one but I posted it already on the main thingie.)
49 - This Controversial entry in a long-running series garnered plenty of criticism, likening it to Britan's exit from the EU
48 - This is the kind of game that's really only worth whatever you put into it and has a HUGE following on Youtube to this day.
- Something like 80% of this game's content was completely redone and available to play on two games higher in this list.
46 - This latest entry in a long-running series is a prime example of good platforming game design, but some people find it stale. I think it's possibly the best designed entry into its series (not my fave, though.)
42 - For the first time in this series, you can play a full campaign as the cooler, redder character instead of the blue boy with lemons. You could play as them in an earlier entry, but selectively.
40 - Inspired by Ninja Gaiden, this linear 8-bit platformer turns into a 16 bit metroidvania around the halfway mark with Link to the Past inspired world swapping.

#48: Minecraft?

#46: Metroid Dread?

#40 The Messenger?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:

#40 The Messenger?

48 - Correct!

46 - Incorrect!

40 - Correct! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

#46: New Super Mario Bros. U

Runa216 said:
Mnementh said:

#40 The Messenger?

48 - Correct!

46 - Incorrect!

40 - Correct! 

Two out of three, I can live with that

mZuzek said:

#41 - Instead of walking up the stairs to the left before the boss, in this game you go up the stairs to the right.
Hint 2 - It's not Castlevania.
Hint 3 - Many people involved with this game were also involved with Castlevania.

Spoiler!
"What a Horrible Night to have a Box."

- David Hayter

(Bloodstained ROTN?)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."