By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

#44 - Hint: This game is a quest to a place named like a geometric dragon. 
Supplementary Hint: The two pyramids are a bit smaller than they used to be, and aren't really pyramids anymore.

Around the Network

#48 Hint: How to reattach a severed hand? Easy! Just pour some first aid med where the cut occurred.
#47 Hint: Many thought this fifth title in the series would never happen after the developer decided to reboot the series and change the protagonist's hair color.
#46 Hint: This critter could always bash his way around the map but now he can actually fight!

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 16 November 2021

Signature goes here!

Eric2048 said:

Okay I'm gonna give this thread a go. Hopefully my hints aren't too easy.

#50 This First Person Shooter which involves some platforming was somewhat overshadowed when it first released.
#49 This is the third game from this franchise which is known mainly for it's difficulty
#48 This is the third game in this Franchise which hadn't seen a new entry for many years.
#47 A 3d platformer in which you collect "Time Pieces".
#46 The first 3d entry from this well known franchise.
#45 A Jrpg from the developer also known for Dark Cloud.

45: A few different options here, but I'll go with Ni No Kuni.

TruckOSaurus said:

#48 Hint: How to reattach a severed hand? Easy! Just pour some first aid med where the cut occurred.
#47 Hint: Many thought this fifth title in the series would never happen after the developer decided to reboot the series and change the protagonist's hair color.
#46 Hint: This critter could always bash his way around the map but now he can actually fight!

#47 Devil May Cry 5

#46: Tetris Effect: Connected

Again Tetris, but this time it's a totally different experience. By moving the tetriminos you make different sounds and absolutely amazing music slowly builds up with every row you complete, with so many beautiful effects on the screen.

It's simply beautiful. When I saw gameplay when it first released on the PS4 in 2018 I just thought: "I want this". And then it came to the Switch. Playing it is such an otherworldly experience. Absolutely amazing. The peak of what you can do with Tetris.

My favorite puzzle game.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Eric2048 said:

Okay I'm gonna give this thread a go. Hopefully my hints aren't too easy.

#50 This First Person Shooter which involves some platforming was somewhat overshadowed when it first released.
#49 This is the third game from this franchise which is known mainly for it's difficulty
#48 This is the third game in this Franchise which hadn't seen a new entry for many years.
#47 A 3d platformer in which you collect "Time Pieces".
#46 The first 3d entry from this well known franchise.
#45 A Jrpg from the developer also known for Dark Cloud.

45: A few different options here, but I'll go with Ni No Kuni.

Correct

@Kakadu18 & @Machina You're both right. Only #46 remains.

Signature goes here!

trunkswd said:

Okay hints for some of my upcoming games.

46: Somewhat controversial recent remake of a popular 90's turn-based RPG for the Game Boy.

45: Taking a series that was considered a knockoff of a popular Rockstar series and making it more ridiculous.

44: Sequel to 45, but making it even more ridiculous and over the top.

43: The last major entry in the series. The second half of the game many people were not a fan of even though you became king.

46 is Pokemon Let's Go?

43 Ni No Kuni 2?

trunkswd said:

Okay hints for some of my upcoming games.

46: Somewhat controversial recent remake of a popular 90's turn-based RPG for the Game Boy.

45: Taking a series that was considered a knockoff of a popular Rockstar series and making it more ridiculous.

44: Sequel to 45, but making it even more ridiculous and over the top.

43: The last major entry in the series. The second half of the game many people were not a fan of even though you became king.

#45 sounds a lot like Saints Row, which would make #44 Saints Row 2.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

trunkswd said:
Zippy6 said:

46 is Pokemon Let's Go?

43 Ni No Kuni 2?

You are correct with 46. Wrong with 43, which is a WPRG.

I kinda think Ultima IX: Ascension. Does lord British give up the crown? Not sure.

trunkswd said:
Mnementh said:

#45 sounds a lot like Saints Row, which would make #44 Saints Row 2.

Right series, wrong games. 

Well, that only leaves 2 for #45 and The Third for #44

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]