By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V Review and Discussion Thread (87 on Metacritic)

Leynos said:

My body is ready!

That looks sweeeet!

I love the SMTV box art.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Chrkeller said:

Personally I am refusing to buy Tales until a massive price drop.  I won't support a game being grind heavy but magically the player can spend more money to level up characters.  Disgusting.  

Tales of Arise has microtransactions?

https://culturedvultures.com/tales-of-arise-microtransactions-dlc-boosters/

Oh yeah, lots of them.  IMHO, the game should have gotten trashed in reviews for the nonsense they pulled.  I'm sure the base design of the game is good, but at most I will give them $20 for the game, if nothing else to send a signal this isn't ok.

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

Oh yeah, lots of them.  IMHO, the game should have gotten trashed in reviews for the nonsense they pulled.  I'm sure the base design of the game is good, but at most I will give them $20 for the game, if nothing else to send a signal this isn't ok.

That's inacceptable. Usually JRPGs just have a bunch of costumes and maybe weapon skins as DLC, but this is on another level.

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's not grind heavy tho. I never had to grind in the game at all. I agree the MTX are shit. It's also annoying every campfire they remind you of them. At the very least they are not needed at all but it's a total bullshit practice. Not even sure why the game has that option. It's pretty easy to level up as each area levels accordingly.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Guys, I love that Atlus now inserted "unique skills" with a nice animation. A little nice detail that I am sure they will carry to Persona 6.
Just so you guys know Jack Frost is now a lv 25 demon. A huge jump!
And I hope you all also dig the new "Angel" design as well.

Around the Network

The more I play this game the more I think SMTV is to Nocturne what Nier is to Drakengard.

Leynos said:

The more I play this game the more I think SMTV is to Nocturne what Nier is to Drakengard.

An improvement?

6 hours in

So far not liking it. This desert bores me to death. There isn't nothing about it that is engaging to explore or to discover, it's just plain and uninspired. The story is also taking forever to take off which makes me less invested in the game 

This is a SMT game so I expect at least 50 hours to beat it, however if by hour 10-15 the game still not funny I maybe drop it 

IcaroRibeiro said:

6 hours in

So far not liking it. This desert bores me to death. There isn't nothing about it that is engaging to explore or to discover, it's just plain and uninspired. The story is also taking forever to take off which makes me less invested in the game 

This is a SMT game so I expect at least 50 hours to beat it, however if by hour 10-15 the game still not funny I maybe drop it 

I think I wrote here a few days ago, it is not a story driven game. It is not like Persona that you live the story.

Shin Megami Tensei V is more like Dark Souls, the goal is to explore and get stronger. I understand some may like it a lot and some don't.

Kakadu18 said:
Leynos said:

An improvement?

Well yeah that but I mean story wise.