By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V Review and Discussion Thread (87 on Metacritic)

Kakadu18 said:
youngbr said:

Update 5 hours of gaming (NO SPOILERS)

This game is totally NOT text driven. It is weird to say this, but there isn't much to read. Even if I wanted to spoil the story, there isn't much to say.
The story is standard SMT, it feels like a dark souls game that you spend pretty much all the time playing and not much time reading and watching CG's.
There is a lot of exploration going on in the game.

So do you like it? How is the level design?

Love it so far! The map is a huge improvement.

The demons design is nice, I really liked Angel new design. I have it right now as a healer. Mermaid too!

The game is REALLY hard, so I hope I don't regret playing it on Hard. The part I am now the enemies are hittin' really strong. SMT fans that wanted a challenge won't feel let down.

Around the Network
youngbr said:
Kakadu18 said:

So do you like it? How is the level design?

The demons design is nice, I really liked Angel new design. I have it right now as a healer. Mermaid too!

The game is REALLY hard, so I hope I don't regret playing it on Hard. The part I am now the enemies are hittin' really strong. SMT fans that wanted a challenge won't feel let down.

Sounds fantastic. Gonna play on normal difficulty then.

Kakadu18 said:
youngbr said:

Yes, and please share here like it is on NORMAL.

HARD isn't impossible, but it is def, a challenge. It feels like the hard parts of Strange Journey.

youngbr said:
Kakadu18 said:

HARD isn't impossible, but it is def, a challenge. It feels like the hard parts of Strange Journey.

I won't be able to get right away, as much as I want it sadly. I've stressed my gaming budget to much this year.

Kakadu18 said:
youngbr said:

I won't be able to get right away, as much as I want it sadly. I've stressed my gaming budget to much this year.

This is sad, but play when you can! I wish you could be playing this weekend.

Around the Network

Mine shipped last night. I hear the day one update improved performance. Good news.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Mine shipped last night. I hear the day one update improved performance. Good news.

This is good to know! 

I've never thought that this game is such a big deal outside of Japan. Maybe that's because of its title...

siebensus4 said:

I've never thought that this game is such a big deal outside of Japan. Maybe that's because of its title...

It's not a "big deal" anywhere really. Shin Megami Tensei IV shipped 600k in it's first 2 years.

But SMT V has the potential to be the Persona 4 Golden of the series and suddenly catapult sales of the series beyond their norm.

(Persona 4 shipped just 410k, Persona 4 Golden shipped 1.5m on Vita and the series suddenly became a much bigger deal.)

Anyone else playing? I am pretty far already. Just beat the second main boss.