By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V Review and Discussion Thread (87 on Metacritic)

Leynos said:

Finished the game. Beat the Demi Fiend DLC. He's insanely hard. Maybe the most difficult boss in any JRPG I ever played. I did not play Digital Devil Saga so I cannot compare this one to that one. There are a lot of super bosses in JRPGs and he is got to be at the top. Xenoblade X and FFVII super bosses might come close.

He is resistant to everything except almighty attacks. Can seal your skills. Wipe you out with one hit with a certain move. He can heal himself over and over. He's a puzzle to fight. Has 60K HP. For this game that's a massive amount. I did get him tho after several tries. I got his essence but for what? No one left to fight lol. Oh well badge of honor I guess.

Congrats! You really lived the game, I am still in the Demon Tower! is there a lot left to play?

How many hours of game you played?

Around the Network

I am planning to get this game for Christmas. Do you recommend It? I read It is a top JRPG. What do you think those Who hace finished the game?

youngbr said:
Leynos said:

Finished the game. Beat the Demi Fiend DLC. He's insanely hard. Maybe the most difficult boss in any JRPG I ever played. I did not play Digital Devil Saga so I cannot compare this one to that one. There are a lot of super bosses in JRPGs and he is got to be at the top. Xenoblade X and FFVII super bosses might come close.

He is resistant to everything except almighty attacks. Can seal your skills. Wipe you out with one hit with a certain move. He can heal himself over and over. He's a puzzle to fight. Has 60K HP. For this game that's a massive amount. I did get him tho after several tries. I got his essence but for what? No one left to fight lol. Oh well badge of honor I guess.

Congrats! You really lived the game, I am still in the Demon Tower! is there a lot left to play?

How many hours of game you played?

I put up 90 but it won't take that long to finish the game. I was getting powerful fusions and leveling everyone to 99 post game.  Demon Castle in Chiyoda? There is a while yet before you finish.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

DavidValbu said:

I am planning to get this game for Christmas. Do you recommend It? I read It is a top JRPG. What do you think those Who hace finished the game?

It's fantastic. SMT games are a little different than a typical JRPG. You recruit demons by negotiating with them. They can have multiple endings but there is no good or bad ending per say. It's just based on your own belief by your choices. Story is somewhat minimal but it works for these games. I'd not only reccomend this but also picking up SMT Nocturne as well. Also note while they do have different difficulty settings, the normal mode is very challenging but oh so rewarding. It does have harder and easier modes as well. Maybe I need the honeymoon period to wear off but this might end up my fave Atlus RPG.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!