By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2021) Switch 92.87m

That OLed announcement really did a number on hardware, very dissapointing although software is still pretty good.

Around the Network

I don't know why people expected more hardware than this to be honest, given the quarter had no big new games and a new model was imminent.

It seemed fairly predictable to me that this would be a relatively weak quarter for hardware sales.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 November 2021

curl-6 said:

I don't know why people expected more hardware than this to be honest, given the quarter had no big new games and a new model was imminent.

It seemed fairly predictable to me that this would be a relatively weak quarter for hardware sales.

Yep, exactly, and based on the VGChartz tracking, I wasn't expecting more than 93 million

curl-6 said:

Still, being 2.83m down on the calendar year is a little disappointing. OLED might not be able to replace those numbers.

Yutilk said:

I'm not surprise about Mario Kart. Are they still fudging the numbers by including the game with the console these days?

MK8DX only gets bundled in the holidays.

Around the Network

Ring Fit Adventure sold more this quarter than Smash Ultimate or BOTW, and just 10k shy of Animal Crossing.
Its legs are just insane.

Sadly no new numbers for Luigi's Mansion 3. It definitely already passed 10mil, but it difn't reach 10.59mil, so no update from Nintendo yet.
Hardware is disappointing, BotW and ACNH also disappointed me because both sold below a million. The new update should help boost AC sales though.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has worse legs than I anticipated. Maybe it's not going to reach 15mil after all, which is what I thought it would reach before it's launch.

Software at 48.6mil is roughly where I expected it to be.

curl-6 said:

Ring Fit Adventure sold more this quarter than Smash Ultimate, BOTW, Pokemon Sword and Shield, or Mario Party, and just 10k shy of Animal Crossing.

Edit: I was wrong, misread something.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 04 November 2021

Interesting tidbit: Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon topped 9mil and is now at 9.04mil and the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8 actually moved another 10k units and is now at 8.46mil.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

Ring Fit Adventure sold more this quarter than Smash Ultimate, BOTW, Pokemon Sword and Shield, or Mario Party, and just 10k shy of Animal Crossing.

No actually RFA sold exactly 1mil this quarter, while Animal Crossing sold 960k. It was the third best selling Switch game this quarter after Skyward Sword and MK8DX with 1.66mil.

(Edit: Nevermind, misunderstanding sorted)