By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2021) Switch 92.87m

Kakadu18 said:

Sadly no new numbers for Luigi's Mansion 3. It definitely already passed 10mil, but it difn't reach 10.59mil, so no update from Nintendo yet.
Hardware is disappointing, BotW and ACNH also disappointed me because both sold below a million. The new update should help boost AC sales though.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has worse legs than I anticipated. Maybe it's not going to reach 15mil after all, which is what I thought it would reach before it's launch.

Software at 48.6mil is roughly where I expected it to be.

I don’t know much about how to keep track of Luigi’s Mansion 3 sales in between Nintendo’s quarterly reports.  Can you point out where to go to get an idea of where LM3 is at before the next quarterly report?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Ring Fit Adventure sold more this quarter than Animal Crossing, Smash Ultimate, or BOTW.
Its legs are just insane.

In my updated spreadsheet I have:

0.95m for RFA
0.96m for AC
0.93m for SSBU
0.93m for BotW

Edit: Nevermind, realized my mistake.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 November 2021

Kakadu18 said:

Sadly no new numbers for Luigi's Mansion 3. It definitely already passed 10mil, but it difn't reach 10.59mil, so no update from Nintendo yet.
Hardware is disappointing, BotW and ACNH also disappointed me because both sold below a million. The new update should help boost AC sales though.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has worse legs than I anticipated. Maybe it's not going to reach 15mil after all, which is what I thought it would reach before it's launch.

Why the 10.59m figure ? In order to have some updates on sales figures, the game has to enter the top 10 of the best selling titles, and now the sky is at 12.21 million

Same goes for Super Mario 3D World's legs, it can already be at 10 million, but we don't know that

curl-6 said:
Kakadu18 said:

No actually RFA sold exactly 1mil this quarter, while Animal Crossing sold 960k. It was the third best selling Switch game this quarter after Skyward Sword and MK8DX with 1.66mil.

The shipments thread got it wrong then; I just checked the thread from the last set of quarterly results and it is indeed a million, shipments thread says 950k for some reason.

Nope, sorry was my mistake. You were right. Misread the numbers.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 04 November 2021

SKMBlake said:
Kakadu18 said:

Why the 10.59m figure ? In order to have some updates on sales figures, the game has to enter the top 10 of the best selling titles, and now the sky is at 12.21 million

Same goes for Super Mario 3D World's legs, it can already be at 10 million, but we don't know that

Bruh. Look at the OP. Nintendo updates the sales of every game that sells over 1mil in the current fiscal year. LM3 needs to reach 10.59mil for that.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I'm confused now, there seems to be a disconnect between your numbers and the shipments thread and this thread vs the last quarterly update thread.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/245048/nintendo-quarterly-sales-update-to-june-30th-2021-switch-8904-m/

My spreadsheet has occasional discrepancies of 0.01m in the LTD numbers due to Nintendo's rounding and my spreadsheet doing sums of individual quarterly numbers. But the LTD numbers in my spreadsheet match the LTD numbers of your thread from three months ago.

RFA: 12.21m minus 11.26m equates 0.95m.

SSBU sold 940k, not 930k this quarter.

Hardware numbers aren't too surprising as it being a quiet quarter along with the OLED announcement slowed sales down the chip shortages also have hit how much anyone can ship for the remainder of the FY although for the holiday quarter it's looking like a 100m finish for the Switch with the FY ending with it in the top five platforms. On software sales:

- SM3DW outsells the original's LT by 1.57m in 7 months and can still become a 10m seller
- MK8D is now also the highest selling MK title on a single platform, with WiiU sales it's the highest selling Mario title in history.
- SSHD is just 300k from the original's LT sales.
- RFA continues its monstrous march, excluding Pokemon games it's now the highest selling JRPG on a single platform.
- Pokemon S/S will become the second best selling in the series at this point at only 360k away from G/S
- Splatoon 2 still going in the run up to the third game adding another 230k.
- BOTW moved almost 1m more, even with the sequel on the way likely as 2022's holiday title I can see BOTW crossing the 30m mark LT.
- AC moved just under 1m to continue its journey to try and join the 40m club.
- SMO has been missed on people's radar when it comes to these updates due to the performance of other games but it still moved another 500k.
- Miitopia outsells the original, wonder when they plan to bring back Tomodachi
- NSMBU is now double the original release's sales.
- SSBU still charging towards that 30m mark with over 900k.

Edited: RFA part.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 04 November 2021

Wyrdness said:

Hardware numbers aren't too surprising as it being a quiet quarter along with the OLED announcement slowed sales down the chip shortages also have hit how much anyone can ship for the remainder of the FY although for the holiday quarter it's looking like a 100m finish for the Switch with the FY ending with it in the top five platforms. On software sales:

- SM3DW outsells the original's LT by 1.57m in 7 months and can still become a 10m seller
- MK8D is now also the highest selling MK title on a single platform, with WiiU sales it's the highest selling Mario title in history.
- SSHD is just 300k from the original's LT sales.
- RFA continues its monstrous march, excluding Pokemon games it's 400k away from being the highest selling JRPG on a single platform (FFVII holds that spot at 12.6m).
- Pokemon S/S will become the second best selling in the series at this point at only 360k away from G/S
- Splatoon 2 still going in the run up to the third game adding another 230k.
- BOTW moved almost 1m more, even with the sequel on the way likely as 2022's holiday title I can see BOTW crossing the 30m mark LT.
- AC moved just under 1m to continue its journey to try and join the 40m club.
- SMO has been missed on people's radar when it comes to these updates due to the performance of other games but it still moved another 500k.
- Miitopia outsells the original, wonder when they plan to bring back Tomodachi
- NSMBU is now double the original release's sales.
- SSBU still charging towards that 30m mark with over 900k.

Where did you get that number from? I've only seen something with 10mil for FFVII. Also Pokémon Yellow sold over 14mil alone.

Kakadu18 said:

Where did you get that number from? I've only seen something with 10mil for FFVII. Also Pokémon Yellow sold over 14mil alone.

I said excluding Pokemon so JRPGS that aren't in the franchise, having checked FFVII you're right I read the wrong listing on VGC which included the rereleases which means RFA already is the best selling on a single platform.

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

SSBU sold 940k, not 930k this quarter.

That's the rounding I was speaking of.

SSBU shipped 930k last quarter, then 930k this quarter for a total of 1.86m this fiscal year. However, this results in the LTD figure being off by 0.01m.

Either I inflate the YTD figure or the LTD figure to make the numbers add up. Or maybe I should just stop allowing my spreadsheet to sum up numbers and plainly enter Nintendo's figures even if they do not add up exactly as they should due to their internal rounding.

SSBU was at 24.77mil as of June 30th, now it's at 25.71mil. That's 940k. They do say it sold 1.86mil though, which would suggest you're right, so I guess they round it somehow differently.