By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PlayStation 5 shipped 13.4m units by September 30th. Lifetime sales expectations?

The PlayStation 5 shipped 13.4m units by September 30th. Lifetime sales expectations?

Less than 70 million 46 5.21%

70.0 - 79.9 million 26 2.94%

80.0 - 89.9 million 57 6.46%

90.0 - 99.9 million 91 10.31%

100.0 - 109.9 million 160 18.12%

110.0 - 119.9 million 158 17.89%

120.0 - 129.9 million 201 22.76%

130.0 - 139.9 million 49 5.55%

140.0 - 150.0 million 29 3.28%

More than 150 million 66 7.47%

Total:883

Right now I'm thinking 70m-79.9m. (And even that feels a bit high.) The only region where it is going to keep doing well is Europe. I expect declines everywhere else.

Around the Network

Probably 100 to 110 million. How people expect the PS5 to sell less than the PS3 is beyond me. As for the bonus question, I think Tales of Arise with Ratchet and Clank and Demon Souls as runner ups.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Right now I'm thinking 70m-79.9m. (And even that feels a bit high.) The only region where it is going to keep doing well is Europe. I expect declines everywhere else.

Well your bet with Curl6 is already a disaster but that was made a while ago so I'd have thought you'd have seen the error of your ways. But 70-79.9m for ps5? Really?

There is a definite pattern to your predictions and the way they swing depends on who makes the console.

Zippy6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well your bet with Curl6 is already a disaster but that was made a while ago so I'd have thought you'd have seen the error of your ways. But 70-79.9m for ps5? Really?

There is a definite pattern to your predictions and the way they swing depends on who makes the console.

You fail at math.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Zippy6 said:

You fail at math.

I want to apologise I feel like I've been quoting you and picking fights with you a lot. Going to take a short break from the site. I don't like conflict despite acting a little confrontational recently.

I'll try not to be a dick in future.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 02 November 2021

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

So less than the PS3?

The console that's currently having stock issues and will be over 5 million ahead in the same timeframe?

Give us even ballpark region or yearly figures for that to be possible.  

Something around 95 to 100 million

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Even though you are a Nintendo fan, no need to be this level of delusional my friend.

If they can ship more than 22.2m for FY22, which possibly they won’t, they can make around 120m.

Dallinor said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

So less than the PS3?

The console that's currently having stock issues and will be over 5 million ahead in the same timeframe?

Give us even ballpark region or yearly figures for that to be possible.  

Yep, less than PS3.  I am very confident saying "less than 80m".  If I have to pick between "less than 70m" or "70-79m", then I'm yet sure which.  I voted "70-79m" though. 

PS5 is going to get Blockbustered.  Blockbuster was the king of video rental and then it got hit by Netflix and Redbox at the same time.  Playstation is going to lose marketshare to both Gamepass and Switch at same time.  It will get Blockbustered.

Regional breakdown will be something like this (optimistically for PS5):
Japan 5m
Row 12m
NA 23m
Europe 35m
Total 75m