By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 43, 2021 - (18th Oct - 24th Oct)

Mnementh said:
Kakadu18 said:

Only 74 Xbox Series X consoles. That's wild.

While at the same time 3.8K Series S sold. Initially I felt like Series S might not be the best decision. It looks like I was wrong.

It's probably easier to produce.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 29 October 2021

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Mnementh said:

While at the same time 3.8K Series S sold. Initially I felt like Series S might not be the best decision. It looks like I was wrong.

It's probsbly easier to produce.

I think you're right. Benji-Sales said on his live video yesterday that even in the US, MS is supplying way more Series S than X right now, even though the latter is in much higher demand.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's probsbly easier to produce.

I think you're right. Benji-Sales said on his live video yesterday that even in the US, MS is supplying way more Series S than X right now, even though the latter is in much higher demand.

I think Microsoft is intentionally nudging its customers more toward digital and/or Gamepass.  They are the ones that keep trumpeting the "inevitable all digital future".  It is certainly the inevitable future for XBox.

TruckOSaurus said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yeah, it would have been over 3500 copies and easily in the charts if it were one sku.

Did Nintendo start selling a physical version of BotW that includes the Expansion Pass recently?

27./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild + Expansion Pass <ADV> (Nintendo) {2021.10.08} (¥8.164) – 1.977 / 7.578 <20-40%> (-15%)

30./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) – 1.657 / 1.887.110 <80-100%> (-11%)

It has charted a few weeks before but not consistently.

smbu2000 said:

XSX is still in demand it seems, but units aren't available. I've seen used XSX consoles selling for a minimum of 70,000 yen, retail price for new units is 50,000 yen (55,000 yen including tax). Used XSS systems I've seen are selling for new price or slightly higher. XSS stock/re-stock is much better compared to the XSX.

As far as software is concerned, it is much harder to buy physical Xbox games in Japan. Pretty much every retail store doesn't stock Xbox games. There were more at the end of the 360/start of the X1 generation, but after the abysmal performance of the X1 even those stores stopped stocking games. Maybe 1 or 2 big chains still have new Xbox games. Otherwise it is Switch (most available), PS4 (still quite a lot), 3DS (still fairly large), PS5 (fairly small sections) and that's it.
Your best chance of getting a physical Xbox game is ordering it through Amazon JP. It's much easier to just go digital or go with Gamepass.

Retailers topped Xbox sections BECAUSE no one was buying them. Not the other way round. The fact is PS5/XSX can be sold overseas at 1.5-2x the MSRP price, meaning scalpers can make profit even by shipping across the world.

There is no way a console with 0.03 attach ratio is in demand by actual players. Unless you are of the theory that Gamepass is taking off in Japan.

Around the Network

Yes i see your proof that it isnt

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Less than 5k left. It's not impossible for Xbox Series to outsell Xbox One LT next week, but I'm pretty sure we will have to wait another 2 weeks to celebrate.

At this point Switch is basically guaranteed to outsell everything except DS and Gameboy in Japan, and it might even have a shot at beating those and taking the #1 of all time spot if Nintendo play their cards right.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 October 2021

curl-6 said:

At this point Switch is basically guaranteed to outsell everything except DS and Gameboy in Japan, and it might even have a shot at beating those and taking the #1 of all time spot if Nintendo play their cards right.

I'm willing to bet on the Switch reaching 33mil lifetime.

src said:
smbu2000 said:

XSX is still in demand it seems, but units aren't available. I've seen used XSX consoles selling for a minimum of 70,000 yen, retail price for new units is 50,000 yen (55,000 yen including tax). Used XSS systems I've seen are selling for new price or slightly higher. XSS stock/re-stock is much better compared to the XSX.

As far as software is concerned, it is much harder to buy physical Xbox games in Japan. Pretty much every retail store doesn't stock Xbox games. There were more at the end of the 360/start of the X1 generation, but after the abysmal performance of the X1 even those stores stopped stocking games. Maybe 1 or 2 big chains still have new Xbox games. Otherwise it is Switch (most available), PS4 (still quite a lot), 3DS (still fairly large), PS5 (fairly small sections) and that's it.
Your best chance of getting a physical Xbox game is ordering it through Amazon JP. It's much easier to just go digital or go with Gamepass.

Retailers topped Xbox sections BECAUSE no one was buying them. Not the other way round. The fact is PS5/XSX can be sold overseas at 1.5-2x the MSRP price, meaning scalpers can make profit even by shipping across the world.

There is no way a console with 0.03 attach ratio is in demand by actual players. Unless you are of the theory that Gamepass is taking off in Japan.

How the heck do you not see the contradiction in those two statements?

If a console is not "in demand by actual players," then who the heck is paying "1.5-2x the MSRP price"???

Edit: And yes, I know you mean scalpers are selling it overseas, but I still don't understand why would Microsoft send those units to a country where people are supposedly not buying them instead of sending them directly to those countries where people are willing to pay "1.5-2x the MSRP price"

Last edited by chakkra - on 29 October 2021