By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Advanced Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp Has Been Delayed to Spring 2022

Tagged games:

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

Wayforward did that shitty Bakugan game previously. I suspect AW was in a similar unpolished state.

As for Grezzo who made Link's Awakening, that was their 5th Zelda game.

AW is a bigger property and test for them. If they do well with it, I think a new game will be greenlit. 

Grezzo made a lot of Zelda games, but not all games are equal. Ocarina of Time 3D (which was more a remaster). That sold over 6 million. They ported Four Swords Anniversary and I can't find data on how that one did, but it was a port. They then did another remaster with MM and that sold over 3 million. They then made their first new Zelda game, but they were only co developers with EPD and it was just a multiplayer, very basic game, Triforce Heroes, which sold over a million. Then they got to actually remake a full game for the first time (not a remaster and not some super simple game like Triforce Heroes), but a full game in a brand new engine/art style, Links Awakening NS, and it has sold over 5 million copies so far.

They've done other ports like Luigi's Mansion 1 and Miitopia where they mainly just remastered them, but LA Switch is, I believe, the evidence Nintendo needed that they could handle making a brand new Zelda game. Also, the fact they they ported Miitopia over tells me they are working on a big game. Miitopia helped them gain a little cash flow with an easy port while most of their team has been working on a big new game. Granted, that's me reading between the lines and I could be wrong, but I predict a new Zelda game in the LA Switch engine from Grezzo within the next two years.

Ooooh, I hope you are right. I would LOVE an original top-down Zelda by Grezzo! 

As disappointing as delays are, and I will be sad if/when BoTW2 gets delayed to 2023, I feel like even if it was fully ready for release, it would not get the attention it needs to be successful because of all the holiday games. I look forward to eventually trying this series out for the first time when it does come out next year!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Dulfite said:

AW is a bigger property and test for them. If they do well with it, I think a new game will be greenlit. 

Grezzo made a lot of Zelda games, but not all games are equal. Ocarina of Time 3D (which was more a remaster). That sold over 6 million. They ported Four Swords Anniversary and I can't find data on how that one did, but it was a port. They then did another remaster with MM and that sold over 3 million. They then made their first new Zelda game, but they were only co developers with EPD and it was just a multiplayer, very basic game, Triforce Heroes, which sold over a million. Then they got to actually remake a full game for the first time (not a remaster and not some super simple game like Triforce Heroes), but a full game in a brand new engine/art style, Links Awakening NS, and it has sold over 5 million copies so far.

They've done other ports like Luigi's Mansion 1 and Miitopia where they mainly just remastered them, but LA Switch is, I believe, the evidence Nintendo needed that they could handle making a brand new Zelda game. Also, the fact they they ported Miitopia over tells me they are working on a big game. Miitopia helped them gain a little cash flow with an easy port while most of their team has been working on a big new game. Granted, that's me reading between the lines and I could be wrong, but I predict a new Zelda game in the LA Switch engine from Grezzo within the next two years.

Ooooh, I hope you are right. I would LOVE an original top-down Zelda by Grezzo! 

As disappointing as delays are, and I will be sad if/when BoTW2 gets delayed to 2023, I feel like even if it was fully ready for release, it would not get the attention it needs to be successful because of all the holiday games. I look forward to eventually trying this series out for the first time when it does come out next year!

AW 1 and 2 are some of my fondest memories as a kid. I didn't own a GBA, but I had a GB/GBA adaptor for my GameCube that could play those games, plus my friend had GBAs. We had a blast!

Probably for the best.
It was getting zero promotion and it would've been buried underneath all the big holiday craze surrounding BD/SP, Mario Party, and the other usual holiday suspects.

I was very surprised when it was not part of the September direct but honestly thought it was because they were going to have another one later. Now the no show of advanced wars in the direct makes a lot more sense.

This sucks but there are still a few Nintendo releases for the holiday season. And the more polish the game has the better.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima