By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, anyone here pick up the Switch OLED?

I'm on the fence.

I saw the DF Metroid review and it looks fantastic (they even showed Doom on it lol).

The reason I am on the fence is that in recent iterations of OLED on my samsung phones have suffered from screen burn. Not sure I could handle that on my gaming console lol. So not sure if technology got cheaper and shittier to produce or I have just been unlucky

Around the Network

It looks great. If I for some reason needed a new Switch, like if my current Switch broke, I'd for sure get the OLED model. But no reason for me to buy a second version of a system I already have.

Just bought my Switch OLED with Metroid Dread. :)
It's the best revision for sure, but it is worth only if do not already have a Switch, you have an old bricked one or absolutely love portable gaming.

Slownenberg said:

It looks great.

Yeah it's definitely the best looking system Nintendo have ever made in my opinion, very sleek and cool and premium looking.

brute said:

I was going to upgrade my V1 to an OLED but they are completely sold out in my area.

I called Gamestop and was told that it is sold out nationwide. Havent checked other retailers yet.

Completely sold-out in France too

Around the Network

Very tempted, especially as I've started playing my Switch Table top mode more frequently as of late. Before it was 99% TV... Now like 80% TV , 20% Table Top.

Will see how I'm feeling about it this winter. Originally was planning to get an Xbox Series X but I feel like it won't come into its own until late 2022, so I might wait til then. Equally I still want to feel out whether there is another Nintendo system arriving in the next 18months.

Feels completely pointless to me. Unless our current Switch breaks at some point I don't really see any reason to get the new version, especially when I have literally not played a single minute of the thing in handheld mode.

Saw a youtube video about how good the battery life is in the OLED. I have the original v1 hybrid and didn't realize how drastic a battery difference there is. I still wouldn't pick up the OLED unless my Switch gets damaged, but if that were to happen I'd happily pick up this great upgrade.