By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: At least 11 studios are in possession of a 4K Development Kit for the Nintendo Switch.

Are we getting a Switch Pro Next Year?

Yes 7 21.21%

No 26 78.79%

See Results 0 0%

Total:33

Yeah its pretty obvious a new Switch is in the works.

Going to say they're gearing up for Switch 2 next year (Q4). By which time it will be just over 5 years since the NSW launch, which sounds about right for a Nintendo hardware cycle.

Last edited by hinch - on 29 September 2021

Around the Network

The Pro term is a Sony thing, it will not be a new model of Switch, probably a Switch 2 but that will be in 2024/25.

34 years playing games.

Yeah, is this for an upgraded Switch or the successor to the Switch? Or will it be like a Game Boy Color situation where the line between successor and refresh is blurred?

^ Nintendo are releasing a refresh model of the Switch, which is due next month. The OLED is essentially the DSi/3DS XL of this gen. This is will be the successor.

DLSS please

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

"We also want to restate that, as we announced in July, we have no plans for any new model other than Nintendo Switch – OLED Model, which will launch on October 8, 2021. (2/2)"

---

I remember that. The Switch OLED is supposed to be the final Switch model.

So... Everything debunked?

Aww, no Super Switch U (yet)

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"We also want to restate that, as we announced in July, we have no plans for any new model other than Nintendo Switch – OLED Model, which will launch on October 8, 2021. (2/2)"

---

I remember that. The Switch OLED is supposed to be the final Switch model.

So... Everything debunked?

Nintendo has called a report false before when it was actually true, if I recall.  I think it was with the release of the New Nintendo 3DS?  Or the XL?  I can't really  remember, it's been a while and I don't want to spend the time looking it up.  

So I wont exactly take everything Nintendo says at face value.  

I'm inclined to believe Bloomberg. This guy would be committing career suicide at this point if he's just making all this up ... he's citing ELEVEN developers and even specifically naming one of them outright. He got the OLED screen, exact screen size, and 720p resolution exactly correct last time it looks like he just thought/assumed there was one model here.

I think Nintendo is "stretching" the truth here because these dev kits are for a Switch 2. Which isn't a Switch. In the same way a 3DS is not a DS. It's a completely new product category technically. So they're not "lying", but they're not being entirely honest either because they want everyone to buy the OLED Switch.