By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kena: Bridge of Spirits reviews piling in + Why Sony?

Will you buy Kena?

Yes—I was always gonna buy it 22 50.00%

Yes—in light of the positive reviews 6 13.64%

Yes—when I can find a PS5 2 4.55%

No—I’m still not interested 13 29.55%

No—because reviews aren’t good enough 1 2.27%

Total:44
NobleTeam360 said:

I'll be waiting for the physical release in November.

I dont want to wait but I hate digital as well. So I'm stuck. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Play at a friend's house.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's been one of my most anticipated games for a while now, though I probably won't be buying it until later. I have too many unplayed games as it is, so there's no point in me getting the game now when it would just sit on my shelf for the next 12 months anyway.

eva01beserk said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It's getting harder. For TV series it's already a year or longer before it comes to physical after streaming. And some don't even come to blu-ray anymore, back to DVD. It's a bleak future. Luckily games will stay the same quality physical or digital. I just bought Life is Strange true colors for ps5, physical release. That came out at the same time as the digital release. (Not that it matters yet since I haven't been able to get a ps5 so far)

On the other hand, with games waiting is always a bonus. More bugs fixed, and sometimes more content added :)

Great debut for Ember Labs!

They would be a great fit under the SIE umbrella, but I think with the size of the team & scope of the game, Sony will partner with them for their next project before considering an acquisition.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
pitzy272 said:

Part 2 of thread:  Why has Sony seemingly sent this game out to die? It was very strangely absent from Sony’s recent PS5 showcase, but I was willing to forgive that, since I figured Sony would give the game a big marketing push leading up to launch. But, there’s been ZERO marketing from what I’ve seen. I actually forgot Kena was releasing tomorrow until I saw Kena articles from IGN and VGC, today. This is super disappointing on Sony’s part. What small developer will want to partner with Sony after seeing this severe lack of support?

The devs themselves are worried about spoilers, and duration of the game (short 8-10hours) getting out.
So they themselves, didnt want to hand out review codes or copes of the games to reviewers, until like less than 24 hours before release.

Maybe sony caught on? and doesnt believe this will be as big as they did at first?
Also the devs, where out quick, to point out its just a timed exclusive.

You pay for marketing rights, and time exclusivity, if you as a dev, are quick to come out and yell, "dont worry soon on other platforms"....
it rubs the wrong way.

I think equal parts responsiblity lay on the devs.
If your a small dev, dont make trouble for the platform, and they generally treat you better.
Dont think this tells small devs, not to work with sony.
And again, we dont know the workings behinde the scene. Maybe theres costs for sony to promote things, and devs wherent okay with it?
We dont know what type of deal and the specifics of it they had.

Can you expound on the part mentioning that Ember Lab has been pointing out Kena is timed? Were they doing this on Twitter or something?

Kyuu said:

I remember the studio talking about their next game being designed around PS5 specs. If the game finds commercial success, Sony is probably gonna try to acquire them at a reasonable price.

The game's production values are extremely high for a small team indie!

That’s exciting to hear about their next game. Do you remember where you read that? I think the talent and uniqueness of Ember lab is undeniable, so I really hope Sony picks them up. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 22 September 2021

Mnementh said:

The poll misses the option for me: yes, once it releases on a platform i own.

The game looks fine, the reviews seem to indicate gameplay is fine, so it overall seems like a perfectly fine game. Nothing ground breaking or new, but not everything has to be. Yeah, would try it out, if on a platform I own. For the time being it is a nice game for PS5 owners.

And ps4 and PC owners. :)

I've been looking forward to this game ever since it got announced. The fact that IGN mentioned n64 games in the review 100% puts me on board. I rarely buy games at full price, but I think I will buy this one at full price to support the new developer.

Will definitely be picking up the physical copy! Can't wait!!

Kena looks weird to me, idk there's something about it. It looks much more like a tech demo than an actual game. At least that's the vibe I get personally. And I'm probably wrong.

Last edited by TheTitaniumNub - on 22 September 2021