By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Rap/Hiphop with Intense Instruments thread

Tupac has SO many great songs.

This song with the Stevie Wonder beat is excellent, and IMO this is the hardest hitting story off of Tupac's debut, more so than Brenda's Got a Baby:

When I think of "gangsta rap" this Notorious BIG is the song that comes to mind:

And my favourite battle song of all time - well, it's between this and Tupac's Hit Em Up:

And because Eminem's early stuff doesn't get enough love relative to his anthemy stuff:

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I have to nitpick Tupac on this song. You say Candyman's name FIVE times, not three :)

If you're open-minded and willing to giv esoemthign different a shot the album Whole Lotta Red by Playboi Carti is really good. Here are some of my favorite tracks from the tape.

Tupac each day. Some of his remixes have the best instrumentals; On the eve of war (DJ Thug Angel), Me Against the world( Bun B & Brooklyn), and Untouchables(Django Unchained).

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network

A nugget from the East coast vs West Coast (NY vs LA) wars. Chicago based rapper Common signed with an NYC label, and released this song

Ice Cube came back with a rebuttal

"Hip Hop started in the west! Ice Cube bailin through the east without a vest!"

Rappers that don't give a fuck

And the guy who gives the absolute lowest amount of fucks:

When I read the title of the post I was expecting something more in the lines of Body Count:

But I guess it diverges from the rap/hip hop classification a bit too much.

Some more in line with the rest of the posts:

A small selection and as a ''bonus'' a buddy of mine, years ago, in Dutch though:

Currently really into this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnprWvFHU78

I like forgotten rappers