By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

One week to go, everyone!

Woot, woot!

Around the Network

I don't buy physical very often, mostly only when it's cheaper than digital would be even on sale, but I had to preorder Metroid Dread physically. Hope it arrives on time.

We're in lockdown atm which is affecting some game deliveries so while I will try to pick up my preorder via click and collect day 1, if it hasn't arrived I may just download it, I'm too impatient to wait any longer haha

New commercial

My YouTube has been blasting Metroid Dread commercials constantly for the last couple days. Marketing in full effect. I honestly can’t remember the last time I have seen this many commercials for a game. Great job, Nintendo.

Around the Network

88 on Metacritic so far. 45 reviews. Doing great so far ^^

BTW as a curiosity, it had a 90 with 24 reviews. Those three mixed reviews really hurt it...

Nintendo Life gave it a 10/10. And I trust their judgment probably more than a general Metacritic score. Either way, a high 80s score certainly isn’t terrible. I predicted a 92, but I could see some of those mixed reviews weighing it down.

At any rate, in two days we’ll all be able to see for ourselves. Hype level intensifies.

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

Nintendo Life gave it a 10/10. And I trust their judgment probably more than a general Metacritic score. Either way, a high 80s score certainly isn’t terrible. I predicted a 92, but I could see some of those mixed reviews weighing it down.

At any rate, in two days we’ll all be able to see for ourselves. Hype level intensifies.

I've made a thread for the review scores so more people can see them. ^^

Awesome! I was wondering if someone was going to make one. 

super_etecoon said:

I was wondering if there was a place where people were making predictions on review scores.  I had three separate predictions for it.  I had it at either 81, 85, or 89, depending on if they were treating it like a handheld version or a "console" version, and the last thing on if they did enough to separate its gameplay from Samus Returns.  So it's pretty well within expectations so far.  

Review scores aren't really a factor for me personally; I was already sold on the game, and I've enjoyed enough games with mixed reviews and hated enough games with Metacritic scores in the 90s to not put too much stock in what reviewers think.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 October 2021