By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

I find the controls to be fantastic in this game.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

So far, it’s great and a welcome return to form. Controls are great, visuals are top notch, the best Power Suit design in forever (although most of the past ones have been good, let’s be honest here), and that tension… Damn is it stressful at times because of those damn E.M.M.I.s.

I love it so far, and I know it will only get better from here.

Hooked. Which should come as no surprise to anyone who knows my love and fondness for the series.

Finally, it’s Metroid 5 time!!!

Last edited by Hynad - on 08 October 2021

Holding on to your charge makes jumps act like a pseudo screw attack.

Ok, the first hour was fantastic in every way.

But then I got stuck. Not in the sense of not knowing where to go, but literally imprisoned in a small area where it was completely impossible to leave.
That was at a spot where you can comunicate with Adam. I had gotten there a second time and was not able to enter the EMMI area like the first time because of fallen blocks that I blew up the first time around and going back was also impossible because I would have needed the morph-ball. I saved literally in that area so loading the last savepoint was not a solution.

How is that even possible and no one noticed? I had to start all over again and you can't skip the cutscenes as if it were a 15 year old game. What went wrong with the level design here?

Kakadu18 said:

But then I got stuck. Not in the sense of not knowing where to go, but literally imprisoned in a small area where it was completely impossible to leave.
That was at a spot where you can comunicate with Adam. I had gotten there a second time and was not able to enter the EMMI area like the first time because of fallen blocks that I blew up the first time around and going back was also impossible because I would have needed the morph-ball. I saved literally in that area so loading the last savepoint was not a solution.

How is that even possible and no one noticed? I had to start all over again and you can't skip the cutscenes as if it were a 15 year old game. What went wrong with the level design here?

Maybe [you should consider that] you are to blame for not figuring out the way out. 

Around the Network

Edit bad bad post.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 11 October 2021

Edit again

Edit again and again

Nevermind

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 09 October 2021

Kakadu18 said:

The level design is fine if you're stuck it often means you missed a breakable block, your image is not showing up and is just breaking the thread btw. You also can skip cutscenes you press + then press - after it.