By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

GoOnKid said:
curl-6 said:

So far the EMMI sequences are brilliantly tense, and challenging without getting frustrating. Level design flows really nicely as well and the smooth movement is hella satisfying.

I keep hearing that the game gets really hard and I hope it doesn't become impossible for me to finish it because so far I'm loving it.

The bosses will get hard, yes. However, it's all a matter of training. I died a lot, but it's okay. You'll get used to their patterns and improve with every retry. Observe, learn and overcome. You'll succeed, I know it.

I'll try my very best.

There are limitations on my mildly impaired fine motor skills, and my reflexes aren't great, but I'll give it my all. The hardest game I've ever been able to beat before is Ori and the Blind Forest.

Around the Network

Disagree on that as Dread is easily top two in the series it's a smooth cross of Super Fusion, the difficulty is notable but helps the player improve as you figure fights out like in Super react to changing patterns like in Fusion but can't exploit gung-ho cheese strats like in both.

Still waiting for my copy. It should arrive tomorrow. I'm out of nails already. And reading you guys is not helping (but I can't help it xD) 

Btw, I've heard sequence breaking on Dread is possible. Would you guys say it's at Super or Zero Mission levels? 

Vodacixi said:

Still waiting for my copy. It should arrive tomorrow. I'm out of nails already. And reading you guys is not helping (but I can't help it xD) 

Btw, I've heard sequence breaking on Dread is possible. Would you guys say it's at Super or Zero Mission levels? 

Haven't watched speedruns yet to confirm this but I know the first runs are like 2hrs 20 or something like that so I imagine SB might be possible but I don't think it will be on Super or ZM's level going by the game's closer structure to Fusion.

Just saw a great Metroid Dread ad in the movie theater. They're pushing this game more than I could have ever imagined.

Around the Network

Just saw a great Metroid Dread ad in the movie theater. They're pushing this game more than I could have ever imagined.

I hated the original Metroid on the NES so much that I never got around to playing Super Metroid until 6 years ago on the Wii U and I really enjoyed that game and wished I had played it when it came out. I can't wait to play Dread but this late in the year, I will probably get it for a Christmas gift and play it in January. Can't wait!

At the final boss now the story which is surprisingly good considering has taken an interesting turn, they said this was the conclusion of the Metroid storyline and they certainly did that with an interesting end game twist that affects the series lore as we know it.

Wyrdness said:

At the final boss now the story which is surprisingly good considering has taken an interesting turn, they said this was the conclusion of the Metroid storyline and they certainly did that with an interesting end game twist that affects the series lore as we know it.

Didn't sakamoto confirm that the game won't be the last one in the series?

Damn that would f*ck my mind up if it happens that they told us BS and dread was actually the last game in the mainline saga.

So yes, the 88 metacritics score wans't fair to be honest.