By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

curl-6 said:

Beat Raven Beak, (he was not as hard as I was expecting after hearing so much about him being insanely difficult, but still a great fight) and beat the game.

Bravo Nintendo, bravo Mercury Steam.

This is a truly superb title, with immensely satisfying combat, pacing, character progression and level design. The story took some really bold and interesting turns, and Samus’s badass portrayal was a perfect correction to the way she should be. The bosses were very demanding, but that made them all the more gratifying to finally master and bring down.

While I still slightly prefer the Prime trilogy, this is definitely in the same sky high tier, and one of the shining diamonds of the Switch library.

Congrats, curl!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Beat Raven Beak, (he was not as hard as I was expecting after hearing so much about him being insanely difficult, but still a great fight) and beat the game.

Bravo Nintendo, bravo Mercury Steam.

This is a truly superb title, with immensely satisfying combat, pacing, character progression and level design. The story took some really bold and interesting turns, and Samus’s badass portrayal was a perfect correction to the way she should be. The bosses were very demanding, but that made them all the more gratifying to finally master and bring down.

While I still slightly prefer the Prime trilogy, this is definitely in the same sky high tier, and one of the shining diamonds of the Switch library.

Wow, curl did it. Color me surprised.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

And now we go back to waiting for Prime 4.

My favorite thing about the game is gameplay. The story made me say "this is awesome". The boss fights were fantastic and challenging. Exploration and becoming stronger is standard Metroid.

Where Metroid Dread excells above all others is the way you feel when you're playing it. The way it trains your fingers to dance around the controller: *chef's kiss*

Now they need to port the unappreciated Samus Returns to the Switch. I'll buy it all over again. Hell, port all of the 2D games!

Twitter: @d21lewis

As awesome as the finale was I still don't quite understand the ending;

Spoiler!
how did the X-Quiet Robe turn Samus back into her normal self? His gesture indicates he is his conscious self, but how then is he able to retain control of his X-replica, and why then did he turn the EMMIs back on to hunt Samus earlier when he is first turned into an X? 
RolStoppable said:

Wow, curl did it. Color me surprised.

I'm surprised myself honestly, after all I'd heard I wasn't at all confident I'd be able to finish.

GoOnKid said:

Congrats, curl!

Cheers man!

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

As awesome as the finale was I still don't quite understand the ending;

Spoiler!
how did the X-Quiet Robe turn Samus back into her normal self? His gesture indicates he is his conscious self, but how then is he able to retain control of his X-replica, and why then did he turn the EMMIs back on to hunt Samus earlier when he is first turned into an X? 

Spoiler!

You can put that down to a popular anime trope where a character gets controlled by someone or something else, but then overcomes it through sheer willpower. Plus mythical Chozo power to turn Samus back.

Better not think too much about it. Metroid's high standing in the gaming community isn't based on its story-telling and we all know that Sakamoto isn't good at story-telling. In the beginning of the game Samus's suit design isn't explained either. Metroid Fusion made her look very different and didn't conclude with a return to her normal look, so Dread takes a path of not caring to address it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Spoiler!
Quiet Robe likely regained control as that's the trait of his particular tribe which also explains turning her back as they could control Metroids essentially her absorbing the X allows her to now control her Metroid ability which awakened in the final battle as Metroids are programmed to fight Raven's tribe. It basically opens up the avenue where she can use her Metroid ability in future whether for battle or to absorb new abilities.

Just finished the game at 100%, I'm watching the credits, and oh boy, I've enjoyed quite a few Switch games by now, but this one goes immediately right to the top 5, I enjoyed it to death from beginning to end. I am really glad that I didn't watch any promotional material leading to release, it truly allowed me to appreciate the game like I haven't done so with any other title in quite some time.

It also took me quite a while to finish, I sadly couldn't play more than two hours per day, and figuring some things out was a little tough. For example, more than once I forgot that the last laser upgrade allows you to shoot through surfaces, so, in the end, the last object in Cataris took me an authentic eternity. I refused to check any guide, but it seriously paid off, I feel like a god.

Looking forward to Metroid 6, Nintendo is already taking way too long, lol. And I also want this game's final boss for the next Smash/Nintendo's next crossover game.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Wyrdness said:

This game deserves a 90 or higher I like this speedrun.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.