By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

Yeah KC is in trouble and are definitely not as scary as they have been in the past. Tyreek’s speed opened up so much for the offense. They need CEH or that rookie RB Pacheko or whatever to step up because the passing game will definitely be struggling. And defensively they are average at best.

Around the Network

Defensively they've always sucked. They are just better than Texas tech defense when compared to college. I went to tech and mahomes was good at tech but still sucked because tech d was complete shit. I don't even think he even made it to a bowl game last year he played there. Chiefs sure they got a bunch of rookies and young players but they picked up some good d picks. Sure their d sucks and has been even when they won the super bowl. They were just average then. So what mahomes needs is just an average defense nothing more.

The Bills look scary, man!
That defense + Josh Allen?
Good Lord have Mercy!

PAOerfulone said:

Good Lord have Mercy!

Or did the Rams look awful?

Not trying to minimize the Bills, they did their thing, and I have no doubt they're a damn good team, but there was honestly not a single thing the Rams did particularly well last night. They're luck that the Bills coughed the ball up a few times as well, otherwise it would have been an even worse smokeshow

Angelus said:
PAOerfulone said:

Good Lord have Mercy!

Not trying to minimize the Bills, they did their thing, and I have no doubt they're a damn good team, but there was honestly not a single thing the Rams did particularly well last night. They're luck that the Bills coughed the ball up a few times as well, otherwise it would have been an even worse smokeshow

Perhaps it's a bit of both.

Super Bowl Hangover is a thing, and for a reason. 

Plus, this Rams roster is not nearly as strong as that SB roster. For one, Von Miller is on the other team. No OBJ, no Whitworth. And with no suitable replacement on the OL (which looked God Awful) and Bobby Wagner and Allen Robinson not filling the gaps, both sides of the ball looked broken down for the Rams. Aaron Donald had no help on the D-line, Ramsey got cooked repeatedly, and their offense was basically Cooper Kupp and the check-down to the RB. 

Now, the main reason for that is that the Bills are just that damn good, and again, Super Bowl Hangover.

I wouldn't smash the 'Panic Button' for the Rams just yet.

If they look this bad next week against the Falcons, THEN they're in trouble.

Around the Network

No prediction league for this year, huh?

I had a good laugh when Yahoo Sports ranked the Cowboys in the top ten before the season started. I had an even better laugh when some experts picked them to go to the Super Bowl (Nate Burleson, Chris "Mad Dog" Russo). The Cowboys aren't as good as they were last year, and they weren't a top ten team or super bowl contender last year. As a matter of fact, they were highly overrated last year.

PAOerfulone said:
Angelus said:

Perhaps it's a bit of both.

Super Bowl Hangover is a thing, and for a reason. 

Plus, this Rams roster is not nearly as strong as that SB roster. For one, Von Miller is on the other team. No OBJ, no Whitworth. And with no suitable replacement on the OL (which looked God Awful) and Bobby Wagner and Allen Robinson not filling the gaps, both sides of the ball looked broken down for the Rams. Aaron Donald had no help on the D-line, Ramsey got cooked repeatedly, and their offense was basically Cooper Kupp and the check-down to the RB. 

Now, the main reason for that is that the Bills are just that damn good, and again, Super Bowl Hangover.

I wouldn't smash the 'Panic Button' for the Rams just yet.

If they look this bad next week against the Falcons, THEN they're in trouble.

I doubt the Seahawks will pull of an upset and win tomorrow so the whole division will start of 0-1.  Looks like all the teams in the NFC West will be worse than they were last year.  So, the Rams still can win the division, even if they end up being a lot worse than they were last year.   They just have no chance at clinching home field for the playoffs like they did last year.

Vikings, chiefs and bills all look great. Wasn't impressive with anyone else. Long season, subject to change.

RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

No prediction league for this year, huh?

Nope. I wasn't in the mood of making one when I hadn't seen half of last year's participants posting in the forum anymore, and on top of that, nobody ever asked me about an NFL thread for 2022 during preseason time. Looks like a few people more would have returned to VGC for an NFL prediction league specifically, but it's too late now.

As for yesterday's games, the Packers were insistent on starting a new season on a low note again. Doesn't worry me about their playoff chances, but it still stings to lose to Minnesota in such a manner.

I guess we took you for granted, like it was an inevitable thing like the season itself. Ah well. Since I have your attention, thanks for all of your hard work on previous years' leagues. I sure as hell wouldn't have had the passion and focus to manage all of it. It's a shame that this site continues it's slow and inevitable decay. Ironic how now that we actually have people running it that give a care about its maintenance, it's still come to this.

Since I started getting packages that let me watch my team's game every week, I admittedly watch less football overall. I used to watch other games for lack of better options, but now I don't have to. As a result, I haven't been as active in the yearly thread as I used to be because I'm just not as informed to what's going on with the rest of the league.

Speaking of my team, that very first offensive play for the Packers....